Sutton United vs Arsenal (FA Cup)

Good match, Arsenal always in control of this but Sutton far from embarrassed. Good result for both teams in a way.

Kinda wanted Sutton to score at the end of I’m honest but not to be. Onto Lincoln for more of the same

Rather dull affair, 2-0 feels rather underwhelming in all honesty, but we did what we needed to do, Sutton will be happy with their performance tonight.

Now for a long break until we play Liverpool.

1 Like

Meh match and performance. Ox and Lucas were are best players. Sutton played well. Job done next round.

Yeah I saw the 1st half before work, was the second half much of the same ? Job done but I still think we are going out in the Semi Finals when we play someone of quality.

1 Like

I think we’re the second best side left in the competition so if its anyone but Chelsea we should get through imo.

Although our performances against the bigger sides have been trash mostly…

Nah Utd and Spurs are better drilled Sides. I’d say City are a better side too. But You never know the Cup throws up surprises but I agree with Aussie once we come up agaisn’t a top side we’re gone.

1 Like

Hated it tbh. Not enough end product just repetitive passing.
Got through and thats all that ever matters in cup football.

In their end

6 Likes

Single best thing about the whole tie was their reserve goalkeeper being in the bar at half time and also eating a pie in the dugout. If you’ve not been to non-league football in England you may not appreciate this tho.

What a top bloke :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Would have been nice to have put a few more past them from an Arsenal perspective. Wouldn’t usually add that caveat but obviously due to the occasion there’s a lot of good will for our opponents and it’s nice they weren’t embarrassed.

But in a match like this all I really care about is winning, I don’t want to ever have to experience a Wrexham moment (imagine if that had happened in the social media age :flushed:). I view matches like this against such underdogs to be lose/lose really.

1 Like

Brilliant. Proud to be Arsenal :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Nice atmosphere from what I could tell and a few quality moments like the reserve GK eating a pie lol.

Deacon did well for himself - probably get picked up by a league team somewhere - a few inches and it could have been a nervous ending.

Hard game to get up for from a player’s perspective - as Jakey said, lose/lose and the gulf was great, but I thought we might see more quality from a few people. Still unimpressed with Xhaka. Thought Lucas was bright and Iwobi had a few moments, but overall we were pretty disjointed.

3 Likes

Apparently he only ate it because some betting company was stoopid enough to offer a spot betting market at 8s that the 23st keeper would munch a pie on camera. Even funnier, I’m sure his mates are all a few quod richer tonight

5 Likes

United look very strong atm, tbf. Just hope Chelsea knock them out.

Classy!

I just love an Arsenal vs Tottenham cup final if it could somehow happen. Another disappointing season but if we could end it with beating Spurs at the end of May at least I could feel good for 3 months.

2 Likes

An Arsenal V Spurs final? Are you mad? I think I’d actually vomit with tension.

4 Likes

It really would be something.

Yeah it would be nerve racking as fuck but that’s sport. If you aren’t nervous it usually means you have nothing to play for and your season is cooked. An Arsenal vs Spurs final would just be epic, I’d maybe contemplate flying half way around the world for it.

1 Like

Haha @aussiegooner imagine an NLD final would be incredibly nerve racking and brilliant at the same time if we won. Fucking awful if we lost though. I would take the risk…

2 Likes