Other Clubs' Transfers

Did the club let/invite the fans in or something? The fans were somewhere they either shouldn’t have been or it happened in an effectively public place.

There are obligations of course but I just can’t imagine it extends to stopping this happening. At least not to the degree where you can then void your contract.

2 Likes

That loophole is something for the lawyers to find and convince the judges of. If there is any obligation of the employer that isn’t met and this particular incident could fall under that.

Because the club didn’t invite or let the fans in it doesn’t mean they met all their obligations to protect the players/other working staff.

Yea. I get it, pretty much what I said in fact. I’m saying I don’t think the players will win that argument.

2 Likes

I would bet gaining access to most football club training grounds was just a matter of climbing a fence. Unless there are specific rules about security measures that should be in place I doubt they will be able to be found culpable for what happened.

You can test the theory by trying to get into London Colney while the players are there :slight_smile:

London Colney is a multi million pound super complex. I imagine they have a hefty fence. I’m pretty sure Bournemouth’s is just a bit of the park :joy:

Pretty much this tbh, there isn’t enough for the players to treat themselves as constructively dismissed.

Sporting should win any dispute.

We don’t know what exactly is within their contracts though, clubs have the ability to terminate contracts because of behaviour such as drug taking etc so maybe players have a few stipulations in their favour also.

FIFA allows both parties to unilaterally terminate a contract with just cause

1 Like

The beach :grinning:

Football contracts for most players are quite standard and general, I’m assuming but I doubt there’s any special clause that would entitle a player to terminate his own contract unless there’s been a serious breach of the terms implied into it.

There’s been plenty of incidents in football where players have been exposed to danger from fan, from pitch invasions to attacks by ultras etc. Self termination is rare, especially at higher levels of football.

If anyone is interested you can read Sporting’s extensive statement of case from their Lawyers.

I’ve been reading it on the tube home and it quite a comprehensive good read tbh, details everything from the training ground incident to the comments by the president.

On first reading I’m convinced Wolves have fucked up massively. Sense of a bargain clouded their judgement, should have approached Sporting to get their position and/or pay a fee to release Rui from his contract

http://www.record.pt/multimedia/fotogalerias/detalhe/a-queixa-do-sporting-contra-rui-patricio-e-o-wolverhampton.html#/29

It’s a long read but below is one of the more interesting pages from the statement of facts.

1 Like

Durm’s out of BVB. Passlack went on loan to Norwich at the start of the month.

Can you give us a tldr synopsis? :slight_smile:

@htafcdotcom??? Use club names ffs. Hate twitter

2 Likes

Sporting have put a comprehensive case forward for sure, they’ve systematically dismissed all of Rui’s claims and points leading to his termination quite easily using evidence from other club’s common practices around Europe, semantical evidence from club managers and senior figures, Swiss/Portuguese/FIFA law and precedent.

I wait in eagerness for the Defence

1 Like

Well, this is the question. I can totally imagine that taking reasonable measures to ensure the safety of your employees is something that would be included within someones contract.

The real question is obviously how stringent are the clauses in footballers contracts, which literally none of us can answer, only time will tell.

Huddersfield :joy:

Indeed. I was just saying what I thought was the likely outcome.

1 Like

Nah I hear ya. Literally just sayin

1 Like