Other Clubs' Transfers

Famous for bottling when it matters. He would still be a great upgrade on Morata though.

We’ve announced one player. The other three is just speculation.
Btw most clubs try to get transfers done early during World Cup and euros; so me is much of the same.

And how many have the other big clubs announced?

Tifo football, great channel

So after a really positive start to the summer transfer window…with Lichtsteiner signed, and Sokratis / Torreira all but done deals (I have faith in our transfer team of Sven and Raul) who should we aim to sign next?

Another CB, GK and winger would represent a fantastic window IMO but we need some quality additions. If we have spent half of our £50m budget (assuming we agreed phased payments for Torreira as reported) we need some player sales to boost the funds available. Ospina, Mustafi, Chambers and Pérez seem the most likely players to be sold. That gives us roughly £75m to invest in the squad.

Do we go all out for a top quality CB i.e. a Jose Gimenez, Kostas Manolas, or Kalidou Koulibaly or a top quality GK i.e. Jan Oblak and hope to get someone like Gelson Martins on a free transfer or Ousmane Dembele on loan?

Personally I would sooner us get either: a really top quality CB and stick with Cech for another season; or a top quality GK and give Mavropanos or Holding a proper chance at CB alongside Sokratis, rather than getting 2-3 ‘good’ players i.e. a Leno.

What do people think?

1 Like

Leno is also close so add a goalie to your list.

Poor Orny :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

At least he understands now. No more of your nonsense until August David please.

1 Like

I doubt that

The players to be sold? or the amount of money?

Yeah Opsina won’t go for more than £5m, Chambers maybe £20-25m and Mustafi maybe £20m.

We’d be lucky to get £50m.

I was thinking £5m for Ospina, and then average of £15m for Mustafi, Chambers and Pérez…

£75m assumes the above sales that we have agreed phased payments for Torreira rather than paying £25m upfront, so have around £25m left out of our £50m budget.

1 Like

Ahh yeah I didn’t see you included Perez in your post.

Yeah I can see that happening then.

We really are shite at selling players arent we.

The market in general is very quiet. The madness will come after the WC.

10 months ago we could have gotten 60 m for the Dogshagger. We also need to start selling to chinese clubs, they pay way over the odds for shite players.

Yeah Mustafi would go for like £60m to China

1 Like

:arteta:

No chance they have a tax that means if they pay us £60m for Mustafi they’re paying £120m in total for him lol

1 Like

Because Perez and Mustafi are on big wages and are flops you’ll struggle to get transfer fees for them. We probably should flog Welbeck, although if Emery wants a pressing forward Welbeck is very good tactically.

Most transfer fees are in phased payments, they still come out of the budget.