Other Clubs' Transfers

It’s probably gonna finish with a renewed and improved contract, imo.

Has to be our next priority. It will bite us later on in the season when we can’t string a pass against Macabi TelafuckinViv.

1 Like

Yeah but the player still has to want to join. Why leave Barca for PSG?

Think he was directly replying to Luca who said they’d be mad to sell him

1 Like

Not as amazing as when we had Ramsey and Flamini :wink:

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/889455606628663296

1 Like

Man City must have broken the record for spending on defenders in a single transfer window.
What’s worse the spending won’t stop there.

1 Like

I can’t see any weaknesses in their squad, unless the 'keeper doesn’t settle in England.

Oh and Kyle Walker

Both CM and CB look like weaknesses to me. Gundogan can’t stay fit and Fernandinho is a 32 year old who relies a lot on his athleticism. After that it’s crap options like Delph, Fernando, and Yaya. At CB Kompany can’t stay fit, Stones is very mistake prone, and then Otamendi who is a decent player but nothing special.

Man City are favorites in my view but I can easily see it going wrong for them.

1 Like

Swear we get linked to this guy every summer :joy:

https://twitter.com/arseblognews/status/889479555999830016

1 Like

I have this terrible, terrible feeling that ManU will have a good year… Chelsea still look strong, but I think they will come down slightly from their points total… clearly City will rise a bit and I suspect same from Liverpool. Spurs with their stadium situation could dip slightly, but I would not be surprised if they have similar year.

2 Likes

I’m not sure whether United have strengthened or weakened this window. They might do better but they need to improve that midfield. Chelsea’s lack of depth will hurt playing twice a week, same with Liverpool. City have a weak centre midfield.

To be fair, although Man U finished below us, they still had a better season than us.
There are only five trophies that any PL team can win, and they won two of them and qualified for the CL.
I can only see them being higher in the PL than they were this season.
Man City have spent a lot of money but whether all the new players can become a strong unit this season is hard to predict.
With Everton spending big, as well as having a very good manager, it’s going to be at least seven clubs competing for the top four places.

2 Likes

I lean towards weakened because Zlatan of last season is better than Lukaku imo, no idea whether Lindelof is good or not.

1 Like

Much attention focused on those clubs, I believe City have bought too many players, secondly how many of those signings they made would get into the current champions side?

Where as Chelsea signing of Morata is impressive, he could of joined any club in Europe.

As much as I try to be to stay optimistic, we are lacking behind and we should’nt.

1 Like

While Morata could join any top side, he certainly wasn’t first choice. It’s a step up for him and certainly presents an element of risk for Chelsea.

Good signing though no doubt.

Agreed, to score 20 goals last season when he isn’t even first choice is impressive.

Can’t understand why he wasn’t a target for us.

We watched Lac for a number of years now, think the transfer was more on the fact that Wenger think he can trust him to deliver and the fact hes french too.