Other Clubs' Transfers

they are though. Being a LB primarily doesnt mean you cant also be a CB.

just don’t get this aversion to players having more than one position under their belt.

To be fair to Guardiola, he did take over a team that was old and that needed an overhaul.
The only consolation is, that if it stops Man U, Chelsea or even spurs winning the PL, then at least that’s more tolerable.

I still don’t know how clubs like Man City and PSG seem to be spending record amounts on players, yet it’s us who were talked about as having to cut back, because of FFP if we were going to pay Ozil and Sanchez more than 300k a week.

We don’t spend a fraction of what they spend, in fact we could have a net spend of very little if Sanchez, Gibbs, Chamberlain, Perez, etc, get sold, as well as Szczesney, yet these massive spenders seem to be exempt from FFP rules.

1 Like

Not really. He has proven enough.

So has Jose but he isn’t the best manager right now and nor is Pep IMO, what did he prove at Bayern?

Most of City’s issues last season were down to him.

1 Like

He’s not allowed to have a lesser year?

Didn’t say that but at the same time he doesn’t get to be called the best manager right now because of past accomplishments.

Titles like that ebb and flow.

1 Like

Than who does? Zidane? Who works for the club with the big pockets.

Of course his body of work says something.

It seems having an adequate defence is buying the title.

I guess if he was a real coach he’d have stuck with Clichy, Sagna and Kolarov.

Wenger on the other hand needs to buy a load of players and shift dead wood, then he’ll be considered good again.

2 Likes

So they bought Danilo to be a reserve? Don’t think so. Remember Pep like to use weird formations :wink:

Yes but Danilo never played as CB in his career. Probably may use him as Lahm at Bayern, like a pivòte in front of the CBs because prefers to pursue the deal of another striker (despite he has 8/9 players for only three places into the XI) despite he has Fernandinho (good player but not quality) & Yaya as holding midfielders.

I genuinely don’t get the Danilo signing. Not a good footballer at all, not a good defender. All I can imagine is that Pep sees physical projection there and a player who might make a good RCB in a three, that’s the only thing that is somewhat coherent. But really strange that this player has gone for 30m fees now twice, what is everyone who has watched him be rather shit at football missing?

@Maxi_Gooner Danilo as a pivot would make Coquelin look like Cazorla.

1 Like

In my humble opinion Real Madrid made a fantastic business because sold for the same fee - after three years - an useless player for them.

The suggestion of Danilo on midfield comes from a guy who I follow on Twitter… and in my opinion isn’t a totally bizarre idea knowing what Pep thinks and what he did in the past, trying to play with Pablo Zabaleta in that role.

https://twitter.com/3gerardpique/status/889227585137385472

“He stays”

Piqué is de facto president of Barça hahahaha

They would be mad to sell him.

He has a £220m buyout clause. They have to have them in Spain (Not sure why). So if PSG, or better said Qatar, want him they can get him without Barça’s permission.

Still, pretty significant if true. Piqué is bigger than the club’s PR (or is the club’s OR)

Not that I’m bitter but nice to see Farcelona squirm for a change.

They’ve been too or joint too of the pecking order for so long but can now lose out to a less prestigious club with more money

2 Likes

Oh yeah, brilliant business, my Madridista mates are thrilled, the cunts.

It is a bizarre idea, IMO, because Danilo has bricks for feet, and his controls spray about like the Exorcist girl’s vomit.

1 Like

It’s amazing to think we’re going into a new season with Granit Xhaka, an unreliable Ramsey, Francis Coquelin and Elneny as our CM options.

2 Likes

Is it amazing though ? After all it is Arsene Wenger who is at the helm.

1 Like

15/16 season was almost as bad but not quite, think Wilshere got injured right before the community shield, so it was Cazorla, Coquelin, Ramsey, Arteta, Flamini and those last two were barely options.

We were flying that season until Caz/Coq went down in successive weeks :neutral_face: