Other Clubs' Transfers

Regardless of all this talk about attacking players, we still need that modern day Vieira.

5 Likes

Being a Barca lad he’s not likely to go to Real Madrid, Bayern won’t pay his transfer fee or wages, after that you’re left with PSG and two or three at a push English clubs (I’m excluding Italian teams on the same grounds as Bayern).

Can see why he’d fancy Paris over Manchester so it kinda makes sense to me

Imagine the motivation to win the CL for PSG as the main man and not a sideman for Messi.

Also has a lot of his Brazilian team mates there

according to SSN we’ve been offered the chance to sign Rafinha from Barcelona, no idea why they would just offer us him?

don’t really want anyway

Can’t help but think its a lure for Bellerin. Rafinha has shown promise but not often enough, too much limited game time at Barcelona which has properly hindered his development.

1 Like

Rafinha is very good, I’d take him here especially as we need another dynamic CM and it doesn’t seem to be a priority when it absolutely should be.

Would rather have his brother!

Pass, too many injuries, bad knees.

1 Like

Injuries would be the thing that worry me aswell. Too many already in his career. It’s a shame because he has talent, but we wouldn’t be able to rely on him over the season.

That’s the main concern and in truth we can’t be signing more injury prone players especially for the fee quoted.

There are better options out there, we should be poaching Goretzka tbh.

I read an article not long ago about the what I thought were mandatory release clauses in Spanish contracts not being release clauses but buyout clauses, with the significant difference being a player must buy out his own contract, rather than a club trigger a release clause to buy the player.

The article seemed to imply the player himself must do their own buyout from their own bank account, so a club would first have to transfer him the money but then it is potentially liable for tax in that situation.

It seems bizarre so I’m not sure I trust it and plenty of deals seem to be done with release clauses in Spain and they’re surely not all done in this backhanded manner so I’ve really no idea how it works, but maybe that’s what your tweeter was getting at.

This has been the line since 2005!

I think it’s true, I remember it being the case when we were interested in Samper and Barcelona were refusing to sell to anyone and I recently saw someone post this.

Seems it’s the decision of the club if they want to sell for the clause or not, sometimes like Sevilla did they can just refuse.

Given that it’s a contract between the player and the club and that it’s in place to protect the player’s interest it makes sense that the money has to go through the player for him to terminate his contract.

Spainish law requires that all players are able to buy out their own contracts. I get that. But what I don’t get is why Barcelona have set Neymar’s so “low” and affordable to the likes of PSG. When you look at Real Madrid for example, Modric, Bale and James have theirs set at 500m and Ronaldo’s is 1 billion!

Maybe Neymar wanted it to be low? It’s always good to have a back up plan, if things do not work out.

1 Like

Could be Neymar’s side negotiating the clause this low and Barcelona not expecting anyone to use it.

Perhaps that’s part of it, but it seems like Barca generally set the clauses significantly lower than Real Madrid do. Messi’s is “only” €300 million, a lot lower than Real’s big names. If they don’t expect anyone to activate them then what harm would it do to increase them?!

Because it’s not the club setting the release clause on their own but the club negotiating the clause with the player. Barcelona may not have had much of a choice during contract talks.

It’s properly behind the philosophy that Barcelona hold, the academy, the managers they select, the players belief and values they must hold etc.