Other Clubs' Transfers

Youth signings donā€™t get much bigger than this. Says a lot that City are willing to pay a player of his age that much.
https://twitter.com/JackPittBrooke/status/888154248164323329

Iā€™m not believing the Neymar rumors until itā€™s official. It could easily be his father angling for another huge contract boost from Barcelona.

1 Like

PSG want both Neymar and Alexis :eyes:

https://twitter.com/parisunited6/status/888137570382749697

Neymar - Cavani - Alexis

Itā€™s a pretty sensational front three on paper thatā€™s for sure.

3 Likes

Iā€™d love it, absolutely love it if Farcelona take Coutinho from Liverpool as it might shut my Liverpool-supporting friend up a bit who thinks Coutinho is better than Ozil

With Herr Draxler/Di Maria in behind/in reserve.

1 Like

80 million for Coutinho, a fantastic player and match winner but worth about half of that, maybe 50 at most

Itā€™d be great to see Coutinho stolen from Pool.

However it could finance them to buy Keita (gulp)

Oil money at their finest.

Coutinho is worth about 50 or so in todayā€™s market IMO. Quality player but Iā€™ve always felt heā€™s slightly overrated.

3 Likes

Definitely, pretty sure he hasnā€™t got more than 10 assists in a season. In the entirety of his career. Binting the ball from long range only gets you so far.

Seems as if Neymar is on his way to PSG. Thereā€™s more and more rumours suggesting he will. Itā€™s a very strange move, canā€™t help but feel itā€™s kinda underwhelming, he could pick any club in the world.

I guess he needs to move if he wants to move out from Messiā€™s shadow. Except heā€™s no where near the level of Messiā€¦

Itā€™s as if the FFP rules donā€™t apply to them.

Are we in for Ross Barkley under the very noses of Spurs?

A very un-Wenger-like signing but I read something in the i this morning that it could be onā€¦

Apparently they are gonna get neymar to pay his buy out clause and pay him back to avoid ffp rules, or at least I saw 1 tweet saying something like that

2 Likes

I seriously doubt Neymar has 200m quid knocking about.

Also theyā€™d still be spending the money so ffp should still technically apply.

3 Likes

Wouldnā€™t be surprised if they just lent the money to neymar to pay it off or something stupid like that and FIFA /UEFA whoever is supposed to inforce ffp allows it

Iā€™m confidently going to say he has barely half of that as his net worth, let alone just sitting there to be spent without having to sell everything he owns.

But yeah tbh with the amount of money he makes off field this is possible

1 Like