Other Clubs' Transfers

But now his value is at all time low too… one team and no way back…

Are we in for Draxler?

We should try and loan him with the option to buy.

Probably won’t get a look in at PSG now.

2 Likes

If Draxler is available, we should be snapping at PSG’s hands. Perfect Wenger scenario, picking up the talented cast offs at the end of the transfer window.

:wenger:

2 Likes

Been wanting Draxler for years. Would be a great aquisition and fit like a glove for us, but its a far cry from happening.

2 Likes

Wenger’s wanted Draxler for years. He’s very close friend’s with PSG’s owners

This could happen IMO

Change my tag @mysty :wink:

1 Like

Draxler quietly had a pretty strong spring for PSG, 10 goals and 3 assists in about 1500 minutes playing almost exclusively from the left wing. He also has gone two years now without any really major injuries (he missed about 4 weeks at the end of the 15-16 season and then a couple games in 16-17 with a knock but those kinds of injuries aren’t all that uncommon).

1 Like

It’s unfortunate for them but I don’t think it really matters anymore. It was clear that there was no future in January (or even earlier) when rumors of Costa wanting out intensified.

It’s a signing that makes loads of sense. Young, can replace Alexis and/or Özil next summer, probably relatively affordable, and also is more of a goal scorer than Lemar.

There is no way we shouldn’t be all over this.

1 Like

There are two. He isn’t black. And he isn’t French.

1 Like

Permission to get my hopes up?

https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/898235411910332417
https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/898238355670003713

2 Likes

Really looks like the Lemar deal is dead in the water. Personally I feel Monaco’s valuation was a little too high anyway. Draxler for £32 million definitely seems quite a bargain, a nice blend of ability and youth.

Anyone heard of Goal France? Because according to them Draxler is not for sale (GFFN).

Draxler at 32m is surely the type of deal you do even if you’d already signed Lemar/whoever.

3 Likes

Don’t do this to me mate.

Yeah, besides in the context of getting in a forward with Sanchez likely off Draxler would be a better signing.

Coming here would be a pretty good career move for Draxler too, and at this point in his young career it’s about time he made a fucking smart decision.

I don’t think Arsenal want to sign Lemar or are thinking to do it.

We have many options on attack and the trio composed by Lacazette, Sànchez and Ozil is the best for our level.

Giroud, Welbeck, Walcott and Iwobi are reserves because they accept, more or less, to have this status.

Draxler is a great player and I would love to swap him for Sànchez (long term contract signed and five years young than the chilean), but if Arsenal decided to keep the chilean it’s impossible to think about a Julian Draxler (or Sànchez or Ozil or Lacazette) on the bench.

I would love to have a quality player on the bench, but we’re not Manchester City.

Only going to fulfil his potential with consistent football.

Wenger is the perfect manager for him in that he’ll play him into the ground as well as indulge him to his hearts content.

Oh wow, hype train inbound.

£32M?

2 Likes

PSG bought Draxler for £ 36m last January. Why they should sell him after six months for 32?