Other Clubs' Transfers

Sell chambers and Gabriel and sign this guy? Is he actually worth the fee being quoted for him, surely there are better value CBs out their?

Iā€™d sell Mustafi and Gab with zero hesitation to fund VVD

1 Like

Yupā€¦ This could be Rotterdam or anywhereā€¦

8 Likes

Mustafi? Iā€™m not really sure if heā€™s a success, flop or in the middle but I wouldnā€™t sell him, rest of our CBā€™s are either not ready or close to expiration.

4 Likes

Mustafi? :cech:

2 Likes

Mustafi :joy:

I would like to have him in the squad but I suspect Chelsea will break the bank after the fail against us.

I was more suggesting to sell those 2 to make space in the squad, I wouldnā€™t want to sell mustafi myself

I like Mustafi, heā€™s slightly suspect with actual defensive work imo but heā€™s very dynamic modern CB but heā€™s our most valuable defensive asset at this point and iā€™d sell if it meant VVD. If youā€™re looking at things ability wise he isnā€™t unsellable

Holding or Chambers should be ready by the time Kosā€™ performances start to drop

I think VVDā€™s only destination will be Liverpool.

Not a bad option for him if Liverpool and Rome are off the table

4 Likes

Sooo, once again weā€™re heading into the first game of the season with holes in our squad. So, what will it be? Late summer transfer window panic buys? Or a November crash, January upswing followed by injuries to 2 or 3 key players in Feb?

4 Likes

Should we not be more worried about holes in he starting 11 as opposed to the squad for he first games? Iā€™m pretty sure ozil and Ramsey will be ready for Friday, Kos being suspended is a pain in the arse, is mustafi not going to be ready for Friday?

As far as I can see the only business we need to do is sell wilshire and sign Seri and then hopefully get Lemar as well

What parts of our squad do you think have holes?

2 Likes

I donā€™t get it? :grimacing:

1 Like

This classic tune from the 90s, young Cal :wink:

5 Likes

There has been a Santi sized hole in our squad for 6 months. Really someone to play beside Xhakaā€¦ unless you think Ramsey is going to make it a full season and/or Santi will come back indestructible. We still need a right side forward, but Iā€™m sure Wenger will persist with Theoā€¦ less than ideal IMO.

https://twitter.com/skysports_bryan/status/894600704278638594

2 Likes

Letā€™s give Newcastle a but one get one free for Gibbs and Perez.

Itā€™s never gonna happen but if thatā€™s the case we should offer Southampton 50mil + Calum Chambers for VVD. Two birds one stone.

3 Likes

But I mean itā€™s not like last season where we actually went into the first game of the season with no defence,

Iā€™m pretty hopefull we will address cover for Santi if we can shift wilshire but if we canā€™t we will have to stick with him for one more year and hope he comes good, either that or give him a free transfer or terminate his contract no?

I did read Santi saying he is hopefull he is done with surgurys now and heā€™s confidant he can get back to his best, THeir is a small chance that between them the ox, jack and Santi can provide cover for Ramsey and granit