Summer 2016 Transfers Thread

Ummm, These guys are willing to go to China.
With PL wages, albeit negotiation would be hard but South American talents man…They are the real deal.

1 Like

Except for Alex Texeira most of those are mediocre players or players who have there best years behind them though. Those wages are massive in China btw. It’s rumoured Hulk was going to get 20 million euros per year.

There are also the work permit issues offcourse.

Sigh, Work Permit have really deprived PL of many good talents.

good buy for stoke!

Weird sale by Liverpool.
He is only 26, not a bad player & could remain as reliable squad player.
It’s not like they have excellent midfield to begin with.

Still can’t get over that last min goal he scored against us last season. That match would have gone down as one of our best away wins if not for that goal ffs

3 Likes

@Cristo

Interesting! Thought he’d go somewhere bigger

You reckon Fischer is going to do well at Middlesbrough?

Tough to say. He had some really good periods with Ajax but it seems like injuries really fucked him.

He has a lot of raw talent though and if he can get his head down I think he could do really well in the premier league. I think he has a very high ceiling but he’ll need time to settle in. I’m not too optimistic.

Højbjerg at Southampton will be someone to keep an eye on as well.

1 Like

Well if you dont mark up . . .

They need someone who can replace the magic trio. Barca went in crisis from march to april last season because they had no replacement upfront.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/10512814/marko-arnautovic-close-to-everton-move-according-to-sky-in-austria

Would be a good move for him

https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/757896553705115648

Sigh :neutral_face:

Maybe spend some of that money on some midfielders and defenders instead.

De Telegraaf reporting Milik will leave for €35m to Napoli.

Napoli tried to sign him earlier in the window but the asking price was too high, Ajax then released a statement that he’d agreed he won’t transfer during this window.

But Napoli are now cash rich.

ffs ajax…

As if things couldn’t get any worse, BAMMM! Here comes Per’s injury. If I wasn’t worried before, I surely am right now. What in heaven’s name is Arsene or the Board thinking? I am starting to wonder if we might actually be going into the season without properly addressing the deficiency in the CB and CF positions. My life seems to be in a continuous loop every year:- i) Arsene messing with my football club ii) Prime Minister messing with my country. iii) They are unshakable; despite the annual street protests, Twitter rants, AFTV tirades, etc etc yada yada. iv) me always hoping that things would be better next year.

Gazidis has just said we aren’t signing anyone this week and I quote “We would not be successful if we simply went out into the transfer market and tried to outgun our competitors. We’re run in a self-sustaining way, and a way that we believe in, because we believe it gives us certainty for the future, and enables us to plan our future with confidence. That means we can’t afford to make huge mistakes in the transfer market. We can’t afford to outgun competitors that have far more money to splurge on transfer fees than we do. So we have to be very careful, very selective about how we do things.”

“We’re still active in the market, as are most other clubs, and if we find opportunities that our manager believes can improve our squad and add something to it, we’re certainly going to take those steps. But in terms of this week, I don’t think there will be any radical surprises.”

Also:

In the past, the big clubs could financially bully the smaller clubs — it would be unthinkable that a smaller club would be able to hold on to its best player if Manchester United or Arsenal came knocking at the door. That dynamic is changing. And so the constraints within the Premier League are less and less about pure finances, and more and more relatively important become things like how well you identify players, how well you develop players, what kind of sports science you have, your analytics, your psychology. All of these support areas around what we do increasingly become bigger differentiators, because the money is not enough to blast the best talent toward you.

Full article:

We aren’t signing Mahrez or investing heavily, money ball signings all the way