Summer 2016 Transfers Thread

I’d be tempted to take Van P back :expressionless: might be a cunt but he can still do things Giroud can only dream of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjd1JyPrAOk

2 Likes

I said last summer I would have taken Van Persie back on a short contract, still would too.

2 Likes

Wenger did say when he left it was a loss to the league. He is a prick but he could do a job for us. He knows our style of play and he’d getter better service than he’s got for years. When the other options are breaking the bank for Morata/Lukaku or Hernandez (who might not be available), Bony (who flopped) well it makes this look like an attractive buy.

Im now resigned to Holding and Chambers as CBs and maybe its no bad thing ,I want them to get a chance and do well.
Ive given up on transfers so lets go with what we have . Nice Cup run it is then.

Especially with Welbeck ready to return before Christmas, a short time solution like RVP could be perfect.

1 Like

Maxi Wellbecks a crock ,I think Van Gaal knew that when he sold him to us on the cheap . Id still have RVP back though as we havent yet replaced him !

Welbeck hasn’t been ruined by musclar injuries like Diaby, but has subbed two traumatic injuries.

However, I repeat and I’m repeating that since the start of the transfer window: I know which is impossible because he was the captain, was the number 10, his influence on the team was big and has been big when he left to join our rival, but if Van Persie would be open to be a squad players, starting many games sitted on the bench, could be a perfect solution like Ibrahimovic for Manchester United.

Couldn’t agree more, it’s a shame it’s never gonna happen though Wengers got to much faith in Walcott & Giroud aswell as the deluded belief that Alexis can still be the answer to our problems up top.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is weighing up a move for Porto’s Yacine Brahimi after missing out on Leicester’s Riyad Mahrez.

Liverpool and Chelsea have considered moves of their own for the Algerian, who wants to leave Porto.

Now Wenger has been alerted to his availability after Mahrez penned a new four-year Foxes deal.

Brahimi was left out of Porto’s Champions League qualifier in midweek and the Portuguese club will sell the player for £40million.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-eye-yacine-brahimi-move-8671529

The dream team reunited!

1 Like

Yes please.

Im now of the opinion that they are going to wait and see what happens at Watford . A 4-1 win with a brace from Theo or Giroud and the windows over . a thrashing and there will be last day dabbling which may or may not yield the next kin kallstrom

1 Like

Read “Missed out on Mahrez” and ignored the rest of it.

2 Likes

Staying with Everton and Sky sources have told us they have a strong interest in Porto midfielder Yacine Brahimi.

We understand talks between the clubs have progressed well, but convincing the player to move is proving more problematic.

Brahimi’s preference is a move to England to a club playing in the Champions League.

The Algerian has already rejected a big money offer from China and Porto left him out of their Champions League squad in midweek.

Everton looking like doing some serious business!

Well thats what happens when you have a serious manager. Fancy Everton to do the double over us this season with Koemann in charge.

Fuck you Brendan!

2 Likes

Don’t talk shit about a german or Cocktor is gonna be furious :poldi:

3 Likes

Evans replacement?

According to Everton fans, he is a CB who can play on the left.

Didn’t know he was a CB, but he’s really good at LB.

2 Likes

Tbh Holding was so impressive with Koscielny I wouldn’t even mind Evans now.

1 Like