Summer 2016 Transfers Thread

Fabregas? Can’t have enough good players. He’d come back here if we offered it.

We’d be even more unbalanced as a defensive unit, but that proverbial ship sank the day that Sol Campbell left.

With Ramsey, Wilshere and Cazorla so injury prone, it might even make sense.

Just sign something…anything…please Lord, hear my prayer…

3 Likes

He is listening to our pleas and will come to rescue us from our horrible plight!

I’d take Cesc now because he is someone that knows how to control a football.

That is something we are in dire need of.
Forgive me Cesc. Forgive me for ever wanting Ramsey instead of you.

If Fabregas were to come back Santi would be done here. Cesc is just a bigger, younger, and better version of Santi really.

Fabregas and Santi are the past. This is the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FIf3wR9dr4

5 Likes

No, he really isn’t.

2 Likes

We have Wilshere, Cazorla, Elneny, Wilshere and Xhaka but people want to sign Cesc Fabregas. God save me, please!

Ship sailed on Fabregas. One of my favorite players before he left but I don’t want him back. We need CB, striker, and attacking wide player imho… we should have gone after Kante and Mane’ imho - I’d even trade Xhaka in place of Kante, but I won’t complain about Xhaka even if I am skeptical about him (hope, hope, hope he proves me wrong).

1 Like

I’ll play devil’s advocate: Cazorla has his achilles issue, is getting older and I think is in his last year of contract. Elneny is decent but I don’t think that right now he’s more that a depth option, Ramsey forgot how to play as a midfielder and Wilshere is too injury prone and Wilshere is too injury prone.

1 Like

We have two problems in our squad: CB and a striker. If Wenger will sign a midfielder, I will burn everything possible around me.

:santi2:

Can Fabregas play striker?

Yes. Played for Barca & Spain.

We have more than two problems in our squad :sob:, but CB & ST the two needing the most immediate attention.

He did for Spain when they went with the “no striker” formation…which ironically I could see Wenger trying. I’ve never bought in to the “Barcelona-lite” thing, I’ve always thought Wenger was going more for “Spanish National Team-lite”…It’s Barca-like but with a more direct element. Either way, doesn’t work here, Wenger out, good business that.

We don’t need Fabregas.

The way the transfers window is going I’ll take anyone that can control a ball. Hell I’ll take anyone with 2 working legs.

I am a pretty solid defender, midfielder, and in a pinch can score a goal or two. Still pretty quick for a 46 year old and have great skills and intelligence for an American :grinning:

I’d sign for Arsenal in a heartbeat - 10k pw is plenty.

Are you ready to get flogged off to Barca after only one season?

Absolutely… at least then I would win trophies, even if from the bench :grin:

Academy right back Tafari Moore has gone on loan to FC Utrecht, good to see a young English player actually leave the country instead of just going to the lower leagues.

1 Like