Summer 2016 Transfers Thread

No one is saying they have.
It was you who said that is what Wenger does
But I don’t see him do it any more than any other club.
It’s not like our first team is full of players that were coached by Wenger from the youth team.

I said “you lot” (meaning the board in general), not “you personally.” And I don’t have wrists. Industrial accident.:wink:

Wenger tried to get rid of coquelin . he got his chance only because we were so depleted there was literally no one else . our youngsters are getting games now only because the manager is reluctant to spend money to add depth to the squad and we have a lot of injury prone players on the roster. thats not quite the same as developing youngsters in my book .

2 Likes

If Wenger had his way we’d have Giroud up top, 3 Abou Diaby’s and 2 Arteta’s in MF, 4 William Gallas’s across the back and some 14 year old Polish kid in goal.

No idea how good a defender Schar is but he’s a really good passer of the ball.

Prone to fuck up, like recklessly charging out of the defensive line trying to get the ball.

We’ll get Mustafi to shore up numbers cos of Gabriel’s injury and that will be that.

Fair enough.
:slight_smile:

Sounds like he’s got Arsenal DNA.

https://twitter.com/FPL_Fly/status/764520813592731648

Surprised at this tbf

Edit:

Guy who works at Southampton said it’s us! :open_mouth::open_mouth:

https://twitter.com/Stubbzy3608/status/764521344658735104

1 Like

So you’re highlighting the actions of two of the three most successful Premier League teams of the last decade as failings? ALL clubs sign players. ALL clubs sign flops. You take it on the chin and move on. We’re petrified of players flopping, so won’t even take the chance.

And if you put Wenger in charge of City, I bet you he doesn’t sign Aguero. If City don’t have Aguero, I bet they don’t win a single title in the last 5 years.

It’s not just this season, it’s not just Lacazette and Morata, it’s 5 years of not being able to identify a forward better than Giroud.

7 Likes

Spot on @Craigie These Wenger defenders do my absolute nut in :confused:

1 Like

It’s like they are punching me in the face with a tampon. It doesn’t hurt that bad and it’s not really that gross, but it’s kind of gross and really really weird. The AKB is the Donald Trump supporter of the footballing world. They make no sense and should have been out a long time ago but their tiny fanatical base would kick your dog and slash your tires if you try to point out the facts about their man. They have no real arguments, it’s just always “You’re a traitor!” Or “you don’t deserve trump/Wenger!”

2 Likes

So Bravo could be going to City? Would love to sign Joe Heart and sell Ospina (I do like Ospina though). If he’s not wanted we should go for him before its too late. He can then take over for Cech when he retires.

There is a reason Hart is being sold. He’s an average goalkeeper with a mistake in him.

Yeah, if there isn’t a young GK out there better than Joe Hart to replace Cech when he retires I seriously fear for the future of goalkeeping.

4 Likes

Actually putting in that way you guys are right. By the time we need to replace Cech there will probably be another young goal keeper available and Ospina in my opinion is a great back up anyway My judgement got cloudy with the thought of buying a player from City.sorry :campbell:

Hart sucks.

I don’t think he’s average, his Achilles heel is his near post.

Apart from that he’s a quality keeper.