Summer 2016 Transfers Thread

Yeah whole summer seems sloppy maybe it was the transition to Steve Walsh as DOF. Heard Everton could have had Lucas a week before Arsenal went in but they dithered and Wenger swooped

1 Like

He should come do a tour at our Arsenal. Our football manager personally makes sure our 600 staff are taken care of.

Football.
Finance.
Human Resources.
Wenger

@Burgundy any idea who it could be?

My first guess would be Goncalo Guedes. But maybe also Alex Grimaldo given our need to bring in a new LB at some point.

Well we still haven’t found a striker yet so… Mitroglou?:wenger:

1 Like

How is this guy performing?
Was so much hype about him since he was 16.

Our scout has gone there to look at Renato Sanches…Always ahead of the curve.

:wenger2:

2 Likes

Are they good? Which are their main skills?

I don’t think his ceiling is very high at this point. Barca sold him for peanuts to Benfica.

I also think his small stature (5’7 and not very physical) would be a problem in the Premier League. Being that small may be OK as a fullback when you are Jordi Alba or Dani Alves and you play for an incredible team that doesn’t defend a lot. But its not ideal if you are playing in the Premier League against opponents that live and die by the crossing game and you are often asked to win headers on crosses to the back post.

1 Like

I doubt Grimaldo will amount to much. I don’t know much about Guedes other than us being linked to him in the past. I haven’t been all that impressed by the videos I’ve seen online but its hard to make judgements from that.

1 Like

Imagine if this turned out to be the last signing we made this summer

3 Likes

Probably to play him at wing back. :henry2:

lucky he is only training with us to get ready for his new club in america

This is happening. I still think it’s unlikely Draxler leaves (DI Maria more likely, they’ve tried to sell in the past) but if there’s a chance he’s available we should be all over it.
http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/football/psg/mbappe-est-en-route-vers-le-psg-23-08-2017-7209699.php#xtor=AD-1481423553

Aurier, Ben Arfa, Krychowiak, Guedes, Lucas, Draxler or Di Maria will have to find a new point before the closing of the transfer window on August 31st.

Guades is close to Valencia. There were some rumours about Di Maria > Barcelona.

Ben Arfa blew it btw. He had a good thing going at Nice.

I was certain Mbappe would end up at Madrid :open_mouth: that’s one he’ll if a forward line they’ve put together this summer. Can’t see many teams being able to compete with them, both on and off the pitch

2016?!

IMG_0280

1 Like

Seems like Mbappe has chosen the money.

Is PES the best place for his development? Not sure tbh

EDIT - Wrong fucking thread lol

Yeah, use the other thread