Southampton v Arsenal (FA Cup)

Or could be called Mysty…

15 Likes

[quote=“Phoebica, post:141, topic:1182”]
Or could be called Mysty…
[/quote]You’re jealous I signed up with this magnificant name before you my dear :sunglasses:

This is reserved for only the sexiest members of society :giroud:

Ah, well I am the CEO of that club :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Bould > Pep.

Love that that sentence could be With or without the >

Chamakh was actually pretty lethal for us in the beginning. He got rightly replaced but somewhat harshly.

Giroud however, being French, well we’ve all had to suffer that burden for near half a decade.

Really refreshing to properly stomp a side, I feel like its been a proper whil since we did that sort of thing. Though we’ve had some good matches against the lower mid table of the Premier League they all had the slight blemish of a goal conceded. Last night was thoroughly enjoyable.

Yeah, put that controller down Alice!

Maitland-Niles, Chamberlain and Adelaide as a midfield three, and we won 5-0. Is this real life?

Fantastic all round display. Missed dat guy. Soton were extremely poor though. Onto the next round.

1 Like

We went through them like a knife through butter which I didn’t expect when I saw our lineup. It has to be said though that was a very poor Southampton side though.

A very poor side which we were much, much better than. Yay :henry2:

We played mainly fast players and won 5-0. Guess playing FIFA type lineups really works. :slight_smile:

Looking back at our best teams under Wenger, pace was a key… Didnt Wenger invent the FIFA franchise? :facepalm:

Only watched the highlights, looked like a training ground game after the first half. Glad to see a number of players putting in worthy performances, gives Wenger another thought for future formations etc.

Southampton have been a thorn in our side for years so it’s always nice to bugger off your bogey teams for a change!

1 Like

I know Southampton were not in the PL from 2005-2012 and we didn’t play them once in that time but that was our first win at St Mary’s in all comps since 2003!

1 Like

Great win, although Southampton were about as bad as I’ve seen them play, and even when they were only
2-0 down they didn’t seem that interested in trying to get back into the game.
Glad to see Welbeck playing well.
Being so versatile and hard working, he is one of our most useful players and when Giroud eventually leaves will be a more than adequate replacement.

Lincoln at home in the next round please.

What a game. Best game i’ve seen in a long time.
Both teams played some nice footie, but we wanted it more.
It was nice to see some sharp play up front.
That Niles kid is a little bit special.
Niles will be a big big, gigantic star for us.
He reminds me of someone and I couldn’t think who it as.
Just sitting and dictating play. Pure quality.
Danny looked good hope to see a lot more of him.

4 Likes

When Arsenal lose convincingly, it’s total anarchy, wenger needs sacking and we are going nowhere etc etc.

When we win convincingly, it’s because the opposition couldn’t be arsed or had some mitigating circumstances to grant us victory.

Brilliant stuff OA.

1 Like

I’d like to imagine most posters on here are smart enough to breakdown our games independently, rather than denounce Wenger for losses, and the opposition for wins. Give us some credit oh mighty one.

4 Likes