Southampton v Arsenal (FA Cup)

Yep, i didn’t get Ospina today. It’s like he was bored and tried something different, lol!

Great game. Love when we have a scoring run in a match :slight_smile:

Onto the last 16!

Throughly enjoyable match. We’ve had so many half arsed performances lately, it made a refreshing change to see such a commanding effort from the whole team, to a side we’ve struggled against away from home over the last few seasons.

Make no mistake, we played them at the right time. All those fixtures took it’s toll on them, but regardless, many players had many points to prove and it reflected well in the result.

Really loved the interlinking between Welbeck and Perez throughout. Both were terrific. Nice to see Theo back and score a hat trick against his former club. The kinda form we need from players like these in time for Chelsea next week. Surely there’s no way Wenger would even consider starting Giroud for that one?

Even Alexis was able to come on and join in the fun with two assists. It’s so nice when we can rotate like this and not have to worry too much when most of the squad is fit.

Southampton looked horrendous today, with the changes and hangover from Wednesdays success. A match to forget. Loved the chants the away fans did for Steve Bould near the end. Some nice appreciation :smiley: Onwards to the next round. Well played Gunners :kosc:

5 Likes

1 Like

Nice shout about Perez and Welbeck - very good interchange.

Also, where in the f*ck did Ox pick up those passing skills? He looked like peak Song or dare I say Fabregas with some of those passes… He still had a few Ox moments, but that was an impressive display of passing by him.

2 Likes

Giroud’s done great so far and I don’t want to knock him, and I know this was against a shit team, but I’d really like to stick with non-Giroud lineups. Him up front wouldn’t have got near to scoring Welbeck’s two.

Iwobi, Alexis, Welbeck, Walcott and Perez are good enough to fill those 3 spots but it just feels more exciting when they call all interchange.

2 Likes

Wenger gonna Wenger :wenger:

2 Likes

You don’t exactly need to use today as an example that Giroud doesn’t allow us to play our best football.

Giroud is no more than a marketable Chamakh. The only difference being we don’t have a RVP to displace him. Welbeck isn’t exactly world class but his pace and movement will allow us to play much more expansive football. Now that both Theo and Welbeck are fit I genuinely believe that our only shot at the title comes from playing Alexis as CF every game he physically can.

That’s ridiculous.
Chamakh was fucking dogshite. Giroud is to Chamakh what Vieira was to Denilson.

3 Likes

Who let this guy have the Internet?

6 Likes

Get em Alice!!

3 Likes

:see_no_evil: who the F*** is Alice

You confused me in mdc you said your name was alice at first, then later you said your name was something else. So I just went with the first name I remembered.

1 Like

I never said my name was Alice. Someone else said my name was Alice.

1 Like

Lol told u I was confused.

Easily done :wink:

Wow!! You are just on fire today! :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought you were just saying Alice for jokes @BigWeng_4LYFE like a jokey nickname for her :joy: I say we shall just call her Alice anyways :wink:

3 Likes

Could be worse

[quote=“Phoebica, post:139, topic:1182, full:true”]
Could be worse
[/quote]Could be called Curt

:coq: