Site Feedback

Nah, it’s just that your avatar is shit.

5 Likes

If only @AbouCuellar was here to racially abuse you. :sanchez2:

7 Likes

For now I think it’s an improvement. The size seems just about right. If we can get the resolution looking a bit crisper it’ll be perfect. Have really missed decent sized avatars for a while, gives a more personal touch to each member.

3 Likes

I was wondering why it seemed so weird. Maybe decreasing the size a little bit would help as at least on desktop it seems a bit too big on the screen.

1 Like

Probably just take some getting used to. The size is still quite a fair bit smaller than the old site, where the sizes on there used to be pretty large. Though as Admins, we did used to get very favourable 200x200 dimensions, where’s most members got 150x150 I think :wenger:

The new size on here is around 80px, was previously 45px, from what @Bl1nk did.

Whats a desktop

New avatars actually look really good on a tablet.

honestly I prefer them smaller, just takes up to much of the screen really and it’s kind of distracting from the posts plus they are a bit blurry

3 Likes

The bigger avatars on desktop are horrendous.

Take up half the screen and are very blurred. Was much better the way it used to be as now it looks like the avatar is more important than the actual post :neutral_face:

Mobile ones are the perfect size imo

1 Like

So random, so yeh on my desktop the avatars look like shit as everyone else has described. On my Ipad they look great, excellent big and clear. On the mobile they look the same lulz!!111

1 Like

New avatar sizes are :campbell:

lol does it really matter? I only noticed them when you guys mentioned it. We had massive ones on the old site, and tiny ones here before.

1 Like

Opened OA for the first time in ages on my Macbook. Damn the avatars are blurry as fuck

2 Likes

Seems to have been sorted on my Macbook now. Can others confirm the avatars are crisper now? Hard refresh may be needed (CTRL + SHIFT + R or CMD + SHIFT + R)

1 Like

The top of a desk.

2 Likes

They were fine on my Mac computer at work but blurry on my MacBook, it’s all good now though :grinning:

1 Like

They were even blurry on Windows.

2 Likes

All solved with a little bit of Javascript magic

4 Likes

Magic, Well done, @Bl1nk :giroud3:

FINALLY the whole forum can see Abou in all his refined glory. Well done @Bl1nk, well done sir.

1 Like