Site Feedback

Who the fuck liked this!? Anyways fuck you man and I thought we had a connection when I called u a basic cunt smh…

Oh and btw lol I love how ur little Mickey meme thingy has a pee hole that’s RAD!!

Basically if anyone made such a thread someone would make those comments. I think Cristos thread about his recent struggles speaks way more to the true nature of this community.

5 Likes

Well said Shammy. @BigWeng_4LYFE Maybe you should drunk post less in the future, it doesn’t look good on you lol.

Because I have a differing opinion? Lol umm okay.

[quote=“Arsenal4thetreble, post:387, topic:142, full:true”]
Because I have a differing opinion?
[/quote]No because I think you’re over reacting to that departure thread, probably not helped by posting while drunk, which is never a good combination. We’ve had loads of people doing goodbye threads in the past and we had the same sort of reactions from members. Some of the comments are nothing to be taken at face value.

Members come and go. We did all we could to help him stay but he didn’t want to, so what more can do you? Members look out for each other on here all the time and examples like @Cristo 's thread prove that.

1 Like

If your “differing opinion” is that this place is full of assholes I have no problem telling you how wrong I think you are. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s fine nobody said you couldn’t disagree but being told that you look bad for having a difference of opinion is a different story. Anyways everything you said just leads me to believe there’s preferential treatment here. Like I said my opinion, but I guess that makes me look bad for disagreeing with the regulars here.

[quote=“Arsenal4thetreble, post:390, topic:142”]
but being told that you look bad for having a difference of opinion is a different story.
[/quote]Let me make it clear. I didn’t actually say having a difference of opinion was bad, I just meant you posting drunk didn’t look good on you. I wasn’t trying to highlight your post in this thread, I just meant your general posting you did on OA last night, you looked pretty out of it lol.

OA will never stop people having difference of opinions. I like to think I’m one of the most easy going guys on here, please don’t forget that :slight_smile:

It’s not like I went back and read the thread, I was annoyed by the treatment of g4e at the time and had been thinking of writing about it. Just because I had a couple of glasses of wine in me doesn’t make what I had to say less relevant. Being drunk and having a couple drinks is a mighty big difference and I doubt alcohol would have been brought into the situation had I not joked about it a couple hours earlier. Regardless if a more cherished member of the community had written a similar goodbye I really doubt it would have been received the same. G4e wasn’t looking for attention be just wanted to say he’d enjoyed his time here but he was leaving. And the treatment he received was appalling tbf.

The treatment he received? From just one or two posts? Most of the thread has positive posts, with many wishing him all the best, as well as 10 likes for his goodbye post. That’s not exactly appalling overall behaviour.

Honestly mate, I feel you’re making more of a deal than it really is imo :slight_smile: People are always ripping into others on here, but hardly anyone means it. I would try find some examples on the old OA, but it’s currently down.

it’s been down since July :wink:

[quote=“Calum, post:394, topic:142”]
it’s been done since July :wink:
[/quote]The museum link, I meant, smartass :wink:

1 Like

haha :wink: how’s the museum down?

[quote=“Calum, post:396, topic:142”]
haha :wink: how’s the museum down?
[/quote]It’s probably on the same server as the MDC which is also currently down. I’m sure we’ll get it back when @Shill fixed it :slight_smile:

1 Like

How on earth are you not a regular here? :confused:

I’ve just had a re-read of the thread fwiw and there are only two posts I would describe as negative. The most used phrase in the thread is “that’s a shame”.

And the next most liked post in that thread with 9 likes is the one saying who gives a fuck about you this is the internet. Fine I’ll rephrase my statement to make it more accurate. Half of the community here are dicks, the other half have the semblance of a good community.

Posters are dicks I give you that.
But then again all goody goody posters are annoying & pretentious. So good this way.

A small update, but we’ve made some changes with regards to the poll buttons. The broken button is now removed. In order to create a poll, click the little gear symbol when writing a post, and the option to make a poll should appear for everyone now. So hopefully no more of needing to ask Admins to make polls :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I pressed the about button on the drop down and found this box:

Couldn’t believe this stat tbh!

30.5K posts and 28.6K likes?! Haha that means nearly all the post’s on new OA have been liked! :grimacing:

[quote=“Calum, post:402, topic:142”]
30.5K posts and 28.6K likes?! Haha that means nearly all the post’s on new OA have been liked! :grimacing:
[/quote]Doesn’t quite work like that though, when you think about it, because there are loads of posts on here that have had more than one like for them, so the figure is probably quite a bit less :slight_smile: Still pretty good numbers though for the first 4 months of the revamp!

Surprised you’ve only just spotted the About section after all these months :wink:

1 Like