Site Feedback

For reading latest post, I like this way better.

However, to dig up a previous post, It’s bit difficult.

It’s just a case of numbers. On my pc it has to load an entire thread at once, and it lags like a bitch scrolling through.

With pages it only has to load a limited amount, so it’s smooth.

Getting to the latest post isn’t an issue, it’s trying to find posts that are in the middle of a thread.

2 Likes

It shouldn’t do that.

I find the search feature makes it a lot easier.

2 Likes

great work nonetheless.

thanks for the platform guys… sometimes we are bit emotional and cross the limit but the moderation has been top notch along with this new site. i actually quite like this new style… looks slick

I’m with @Jules regards to the pages thing, I personally loved having it and found stuff really easy in this method. For latest posts it’s not an issue, but constantly having to scroll down to find a post or thread over time will get a little annoying. I just wish the creators allowed an option to have both and pick whatever one you want to use.

But as Shammy says, they haven’t done it for this software, so there’s not much can do about that.

@Bilalkhan_01, to make your OA viewing easier, you can make this website into an app now so you don’t have to keep going onto the browser each time. Mobile works perfectly in tune with the site :slight_smile:

Here’s an example from @Bl1nk phone

1 Like

how do you make it into an app ?

Find the “add to home screen” option in your browser.

Make sure you’re on the right OA page when you do it otherwise you’ll juat initially be brought to the same random thread every time you click in.

i dont have any such option as add to home screen

What browser you using on your phone?

[quote=“Bilalkhan_01, post:311, topic:142, full:true”]
i dont have any such option as add to home screen
[/quote]Apparently it’s an iphone option. Am guessing maybe it’s not an option for non users.

chrome

It’s in the options (the three dots), I think just below the search in page.

1 Like

It’s not :wink:on chrome you hit the three dots and hit add to home screen

2 Likes

[quote=“Mysty, post:313, topic:142, full:true”]

Nope android too as per tscs post.

Guess it shows I don’t use a mobile to use OA :wenger:

Really? You never check OA on your mobile?

Is this your phone? :wink:

It was back in 2003 :wink:

1 Like

So, everyone pleased with the new site?

• Yep, great job guys!
  • No, give me back vBulletin
  • Still undecided…

0 voters

Life changing mobile setup and the fluidity of discussion is much better. A+.