Site Feedback

At the bottom of the post it gives you the option to watch the thread, track it have it as normal or mute it. I’m using the mobile website so the layout may be a bit different but there is an option for thread notifications to be changed

right, but I want to mute users. all of their crying = all of their posts. like ignore on the old vbul

Yea. It’s not available. But its so easy to scroll past the posts you’ll hardly even notice them. :smiley:

I feel like its rejuvenated the OA community…!?

[quote=“Gunnerpr, post:184, topic:142, full:true”]
I feel like its rejuvenated the OA community…!?
[/quote]The move?

It feels busier, but it’s hard to say because of the way the site is laid out and the constant notifications. Not looked at things like posts per day as of yet, but what I do notice is there is plenty of members logged on at the same time very often, so that’s a good sign so far.

While we’re in the process of sorting things, is there anything else left over from VB that someone would look to see make it’s way on here? Any smilies we’ve left out?

Just spent a bit of time pinning certain threads up across the Forum, just like on the old site. Hopefully will make certain threads stand out better and easier to find over time, especially if you prefer to view the site under the Categories method.

The lack of a mute option could become real annoying after a while.

Should more be done to encourage new users here?

Don’t worry dude :slight_smile: we’re on it.

Thanks for mentioning it though!

1 Like

Announcements spelt wrong on the main page.

On a side note, I deffo think it would be better for ‘Categories’ to be the default tab if that were possible, but up to you guys.

[quote=“Electrifying, post:191, topic:142”]
On a side note, I deffo think it would be better for ‘Categories’ to be the default tab if that were possible, but up to you guys.
[/quote]It’ll be something we’ll consider for sure.

At this stage with so much to change and impliment, we’ll leave certain things alone for the time being and get some analysis after a while on what we can do better.

The look of categories for example would need to changed for sure if we even decided to make it the default tab as it doesn’t look that great right now.

1 Like

@Mysty Can let us see the amount of likes we had in old site so we can “rescue” it before the “Great Move”

[quote=“TheSpecialCnut, post:193, topic:142, full:true”]
@Mysty Can let us see the amount of likes we had in old site so we can “rescue” it before the “Great Move”
[/quote]I suppose I could, but I don’t think the overall likes total will change much from the end of May to now.

You’re underestimating GFI’s power.

2 Likes

@Mysty @Bl1nk I suggest an announcement on the Facebook group. Many members, specifically the M.I,A ones, would miss out I’m afraid. Remember not all members are able to log in to the old one as well.

We’ll make sure to send out another mass email some point soon as well, as I suspect many other members just take a total break from the site over the Summer and don’t visit or look at any emails from here.

BTW, I really wish we had a ‘Marks Forum read’ button. It’s a pain to have to click certain threads just so the ‘new’ bit disappears :smiley: Unfortunately not possible on here.

Absolutely hated the site at first and didn’t bother registering. Then I signed up and didn’t bother posting.

Now I absolutely love it. It’s a real sleek and modern design, I think this new forum gives the site the potential to expand massively. The old style vBulletin boards are being phased out now and it’s good we’ve got a new style messaging board and everything feels fresh and exciting again.

Well done to everyone involved in the new page.

9 Likes

Why do some threads have numbers next to them (presumably posts since I last read) but others do not?

Just to let you all know I have now removed vbulletin from Online Arsenal. There is a link at the top of the forum to the Museum where you will find all the old archived posts from the vbulletin forum.

I have requested a further review from Google so that we can get rid of the annoying warning message.

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback which in the main has been overwhelmingly positive.

This new forum is in it’s infancy and we will always listen to the feedback of our members so that we can develop and evolve.

MDC will make a return soon, we are testing a live chat plugin for the forum which is great on desktop and some handhelds, unfortunately not so great on IOS at the moment.

We will making a big push on social media sites in the coming months to attract more members, please give them a big OA welcome.

Cheers
Shill

7 Likes

Are there any short term fixes on Chrome to bypass the warning messages automatically?