Shkodran Mustafi (We got himmmm!)

Not done until Bl1nk makes a thread in the players section.

It can still move all the way till deadline day according to several reports. Weā€™re in ā€˜advanced stagesā€™ whatever that means :smiley:

Ā£35m is a steal for a young world cup winning centre back with experience in multiple leagues and tonnes of potential. Especially in a market where players like Luiz, stones, mangala, koulibaly all warrant Ā£50m fees.

1 Like

I hope it is Ā£35m, then hopefully these cunts will learn a lesson.

I like Mertesacker, but we were talking about him needing a long term replacement at least 2 years ago, and a player like this would have cost us Ā£20m max then. Mangala went for less than Ā£32m two years ago, and people were talking like it was the worst case of financial doping in the history of sport and FFP was a joke. Now only 2 years later weā€™re supposedly spending more than that on someone whoā€™s not even definitely world class.

Holding on to that cash and not spending it has resulted in no gain whatsoever, except weā€™ve spent 2 years without this signing.

4 Likes

YEAH BOYS.

https://vine.co/v/ehz5tuxTgxH

7 Likes

Big signing. Very talented defender.

Our best CB pairing in years!

1 Like

Iā€™m expecting alot for Ā£35M!

1 Like

Wenger finally realising some of our #shkodgoals

5 Likes

Out, is the direction in which you should get.

11 Likes

Fuck the haters I like #shkodgoals

1 Like

1 Like

You shouldnā€™t care what the figure is, as it means nothing.

Both when a player costs Ā£1m or Ā£100m.

Fair play to Wenger for sanctioning this signing would not have thought heā€™d spend this much on a defender.

Considering heā€™s been learning his trade in different leagues it sets us in good stead particularly Italy, then thereā€™s the fact heā€™s had two excellent seasons at Valencia despite losing Otamendi to City.

Buzzing about this signing heā€™s a quality modern day defender whoā€™s better than Kos was at the age when he arrived plus heā€™s a BEAST in the air who will only improve.

It does mean something. This the second biggest signing in our history in a position where you shouldnā€™t need to spend huge sums. The expectation to perform rises with the transfer fee Iā€™m afraid. Wenger spending Ā£35M for a defender is a big statement and Iā€™m expecting quality

Thatā€™s good to hear. I will take your word on this.
Seemed quite short in videos to me.
In games when I have seen him, there were not many aerial duels I suppose to get an idea.

Yeah he won 73% of his aerial duels last season despite being 6ā€™0ā€.

@SRCJJ is gonna love this, look at all of those interceptions! Heā€™s going to surprise many.

3 Likes

Buzzing tbf. What a signing. Canā€™t wait till he partners Kos. Potentially the best CB partnership in the league!

Haha, the statistics are impressive no doubt. He definitely learnt that in Italy :grin:

2 Likes

This signing should of been done 5 weeks ago when we lost Mertesacker. As for Lucas, meh! Hopefuly I am proven wrong.

Better late than never I guess.

2 Likes

I like it and I wonā€™t apologise for it.

1 Like