Shkodran Mustafi (We got himmmm!)

I dare so hope you are oh so wrong or we’ll actually need some luck this year!

That something was Wenger signing a new contract three years ago.

5 Likes

haha, I meant with the transfer plans this summer (if there were any great plans) who the fuck knows sometimes I wonder if the people at the club even know what is going on in front of them at times they seem oblivious.

Yeah. We didn’t want too pay up. Offer Lyon 40-45 million euros for Lacazette in stead of the reported 35 and you’ll probably get him. Offer Valencia 30 million pounds for Mustafi and you’ll probably have him by now.

This mess we’re in is a creation of our own. Nothing more, nothing less.

2 Likes

The downfall started with the “we’re not a big club if we sell Nasri & Cesc” I can live without winning, I can live without super attractive football, I can live with not buying the right players or any players…what I can’t live with is taking the fucking piss, and I’m not talking taking the piss out of the fans, I’m talking about taking a piss ON the fans. At every turn, at every chance…whenever there are tough times. This asshole manager talks shit to the fans. It’s terrible.

2 Likes

Realistically we’d have to just pay the release clause for a player like Griezmann considering how little time is left in the window. I can’t imagine Arsene sanctioning that even though he is supposedly a huge fan.

They would just say “thanks for meeting the release clause, now what are you smoking there are 2 days left to replace this guy so just fuck off we’ll see you in court if you’d like”.

1 Like

I think you’re right.
He looks uncomfortable in interviews and seems as if he knows we aren’t going to get what we need.

He might have realised that trying to haggle until the end of the transfer window isn’t the best way to get a player you want.

Ironically, the constant scrimping on every player has actually cost him, not just financially, but also another wasted season.

It is a false economy.

If we could have got Lacazette at the start of the window for 40m, and Wenger is still haggling over a dew million, then the selling club know how desperate he is and are going to increase the price rather than reduce it, because they won’t have enough time to replace him.

So it just proves that getting your business done early, like Man U have done, is a lot better in the long run.

They are off to a flyer, their supporters are confident, their players are confident, while we will watch yet another transfer window of wasted opportunities, and write off yet another season in the PL.

1 Like

:woj:

Dodged a bulet there… now we are assured of getting the proper WC alternative in Johnny Evans.

That, I guess, is what happens when you don’t give the selling club enough time to replace the outgoing player.

Pretty much this. AW has no idea how to play in the current market it seems. Unless he started with the intent of getting Xhaka only (which obviously isn’t what he is saying), this is truly shambolic.

Tony! Hello! How much is Jonny Evans?

1 Like

I think he went off injured today for WBA. Could be mistaken but they made an early sub today.

LMAO… so comedic if true.

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

I think even @Arsenal and I can agree on one thing, The Sun is absolute garbage.

3 Likes

Updates on Mustafi: 0

8 Likes

“You will be the first to know when we have signed a player…” cheeky grin

3 Likes

Just wait until deadline day :joy:

1 Like