Skhodran Mustafi

Hmmm

https://twitter.com/lgambrose/status/982975192367583232

1 Like

The idea that he actually tried to blame Cech for that is fucking diabolical

1 Like

1 good game 5 bad ones

Thereā€™s no one I want rid of more from this club than this twat. :smile: I actually dislike him considerably. I think I need to go find a story of him donating to charity or doing some solid community work to ease my wrath.

2 Likes

surely Germany have numerous CBs better than him?

if he makes the WC squad, Germany will have some serious trouble soon lol.

1 Like

Well he wasnā€™t in their last squad.

They have better defenders. In terms of club football iā€™d say Bayern have the best central defence pairing in the game in Boateng and Hummels. Both German. No one else should get a look in for the starting line upā€¦

But beyond that, Ginter and Rudiger got in the last Germany squad so Mustafi being in it for the WC wouldnā€™t totally surprise me, but him getting any minutes would :smile:

2 Likes

Fully understand why we tried to get rid of him last summer.

3 Likes

I always laugh when people say Wenger deserves a chance with better funds yet he spent 35m on him

3 Likes

Cechā€™s reaction towards Mustafi suggests otherwise. Cech reacted as if he was expecting Mustafi to clear that out. Obvious miscommunication there

1 Like

For the 38mil we paid for him, he ought to be throwing himself at the ball, like Chiellini.

Instead, we have a moaning, unspectacular defender who (given the right training) can easily be replaced by Chambers or Holding

5 Likes

He looked decent when he first joined, no idea what has happened to him.

Heā€™s been ā€œwengeredā€.

Wasnā€™t he unbeaten in his first 20+ matches with us aswell hah

Before he joined everyone that had seen him play regularly basically said he was nothing special. Iā€™m not sure what it is about him that made him our only target for that entire summer but I would suspect there was more to his inconsistencies than Wenger.

4 Likes

That is such a nothing statistic.

I think we were in for Manolas that summer too. Although that is what his agent was claiming. Mustafi probably wasnā€™t first choice.

Donā€™t forget Sule.
Germany actually have 5 CB in front of Mustafi.
If Jogi does pick him, it is just because of his ā€œexperienceā€ or seniority.
He wonā€™t get any minute at all unless 2 or 3 CBs are injured.
My guess is, he wonā€™t get picked.

Probably because of his price tag.
You are right, he was nothing special, and still is.

I quickly remembered why I usually donā€™t bother reading the newsletter the club sends out after clicking into one this morningā€¦:gabriel:

Why? If the keeper calls for it you listen. It sounds plausible to me, more plausible than him just watching that ball as the defender strolled past him.

Not sure if Mustafi can become a top defender but Iā€™m sure heā€™s a lot better than people give him credit for at the moment, would love to see him under another manager.

2 Likes

If ball watching was an Olympic sportā€¦

:1st_place_medal:

1 Like