Skhodran Mustafi

We thought we were in crisis before.

Nah, this is now a crisis.

Itā€™ll be a crisis if he isnā€™t replaced.

This is really bizarre.

He probably doesnā€™t fancy his chances competing against Monreal for central defenseā€¦

Arsenalā€¦The ship that keeps on sinking :joy:

Maybe heā€™s been told heā€™s not in Arseneā€™s plans or something. I remember when we signed him he wasnā€™t our first choice target.

1 Like

I think he saw Monreal playing the center of that back three, ahead of him, and thought ā€œFuck thisā€.

1 Like

Some summer - what the fuck is going on lol

If we do sell him there is absolutely no reason why we shouldnā€™t be able to get at least what we paid for him. Itā€™s not like he has had an incredibly poor season or a season like Perez where his chances were limited. Especially in todayā€™s market, we should be able to get a decent fee. He has a contract until 2021 FFS. Not that I want to sell him of course - I find it all quite baffling.

1 Like

Has to be some personal falling out between them, or else some brutal ambition shown by Mustafi in getting out at the right time

1 Like

joining inter is in no way a step up in this day and age

Depends on how far were going to fall.

This whole thing is as bizarre as it is depressing.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what happens when you miss out on the Champions League. I just donā€™t get why we are keeping Ozil and Sanchez.

According to Sky Italia, Inter are closing on Mangala on loan with option to buy.

If this deal goes through I fully expect to look back on this summer as worse than a few years ago when we only signed a keeper.

We started the summer knowing we needed midfield help, defensive help and striking help. We signed a left wing back and a striker. We also knew we had some issues with players that needed to move off the books and players we wanted to sign to extensions.

We failed to sign any midfield help. We failed to move any players off the books with the exception of depleting our center back options (assuming Mustafi also leaves) making it more likely that SK plays at center back. We didnā€™t fix any of the contract situations.

In some ways this is classic Arsene. Heā€™s gambling and gambling and gambling, each time something goes wrong he doesnā€™t admit it, he just doubles down.

4 Likes

Why donā€™t you just relax. Theres an entire 5 days to fix everything. :joy:

8 Likes

Now youā€™re getting it. :mustafi:

The only explanation Iā€™ve seen that makes he slightest bit of sense is that arsene has had to battle to keep sanchez and ozil for the last year of their contracts and has been told ok but you have to make sacrifices else where

ĀæQuĆØ?

1 Like

Just a theory a read somewhere that the board agreed to wengers demands to keep those 2 for their last years but if any good offer come in for other first team members we should sell