Skhodran Mustafi

If he sold him Arsenal are left with two youngsters and two older players of whom one should have been gone a long time ago and one is injury prone. He can’t be serious about selling him.

1 Like

He is leaving, imo. We are just waiting for the right offer to come. Compare these words with those about Sanchez.

The fuck man

1 Like

lol @ anyone buying anything Wenger says these days.

To say he’s full of it is being kind.

3 Likes

I’m just going to go ahead and assume it means absolutely nothing just like most of the other things Wenger says equally mean nothing.

2 Likes

Tbf it’s hard to tell if there’s anything to take from his comments. It’s not a straight up denial of the possibility though which is something new.

Personally I think there’s about a 0% chance of us selling anyone close to the first team now as the replacements are mostly going to be downgrades or squad level players at best.

2 Likes

I don’t recall him talking about a first team player like that before. Personally I found it very strange.

2 Likes

When Wenger comes out with a line like:
You have to make quick and sharp decisions,” you just know he is having a laugh.
It took him five seasons to sign a striker, so he is not a person to be believed when saying things like this.

1 Like

17/18 Lacazette
16/17 Perez
15/16 -
14/15 Sanchez
13/14 -
12/13 Giroud, Podolski

Signed plenty of people to play striker over the years tbh. Oh and:

Come at me :giroud3:

1 Like

The fact that he signed Lacazette eventually says enough about the success of that experiment.

Something he could have foreseen right away tbh.

I’m not going to bite.
Especially when you’ve gone to the trouble of dredging out an article that’s more than three years old :ozil2:

Just goes to show, he bought world class talent to play striker, and has been consistently buying strikers for years.

Yeah that’s why my reaction. Just seems odd even if I mostly agree with your view on its likelihood

50m for Lacazette this year is like spending 25m on Giroud 6 years ago oe whatever it was, still bargain buying at that position. Tbh Lacazette looks like he fits right in with the other names on that list. Mediocre to slightly above average at best.

1 Like

Lacazette is relatively similar to Alexis in terms of his ability to play anywhere across the front three, there will be times we play all three strikers at once, and there’s every risk Alexis leaves next summer.

Signing Lacazette is just proactive, smart business.

Nah, Lacazette considering his age (26, whereas Lukaku and Morata 24) and his provenness (Morata done the business at the biggest club in the world and played for Jueve already at age 24), Lukaku PL experienced for whatever that’s worse it has a value on the market clearly), is a high fee that we paid for him, and for the same level of player. It took him a while but this was not bargain buying nor settling for a more speculative option (Giroud, Podolski, Lucas, Welbeck).

This isn’t really true. Lacazette only is useful as a 9. The same obviously can’t be said for Alexis.

3 Likes

But Wenger said…:thinking:

@AbouCuellar Lacazette started playing centrally in 13/14 didn’t he?

1 Like

Even since, he’s been deployed as a winger on a number of occasions.

Agreed. I find those comments worrying more than @Cristo 's recent posts. Maybe Mustafi isn’t settling here or Wenger doesn’t rate him all of a sudden. Strange after spunking 30 odd mil on him.

1 Like