Skhodran Mustafi

1 Like

Heā€™s out for 3 weeks :sob:

Hamstring?

Yeah, hamstring strain. Wenger said ā€œthat means heā€™ll have a nice Christmasā€ :wenger:

Finally got a decent CB pairing and then this happens. So frustrating.

1 Like

If its just a strain then he should be back after the festive period, so we will have to cope 4 or 5 games without him.

1 Like

Should be able to cope without him for 3 weeks and hopefully heā€™ll be well rested when he returns. It is a bit of a shame though as weā€™ve got some massive games coming up that I donā€™t want to see Gabriel throw away for us.

2 Likes

Just pray Wenger starts Holding and not Gabriel. Fear he will go with the more senior player, though. :frowning:

Weird that he gets a hammy injury after not playing mid-week.

3 Likes

Fuckā€¦

3 weeks. Lol

worst timing ever. DAMN IT!!!

FFS. Really good pass to Bellerin as well.

Per or Holding please.

3 weeks is not bad and it might be good for him to get some form of ā€œwinter breakā€.

Hopefully Holding, Gabriel and Mertesacker can tide us over.

1 Like

Holy shit, totally forgot about Mertesacker.

Isnā€™t Per out until January ?

Such a shame about the injury. Most of our fixtures during this time are manageable, although Kos/Gabby lineup can be a little suspect from time to time.

Mustafiā€™s played so much of the season, he was probably due a bit of a rest bite. As long as we donā€™t pick up any other injuries at the back, I think we can just about manage in his absence, though certainly a big blow for our next two away games, he wouldā€™ve been hugely important.

At least by New Year he should be back and Per is not far away from returning either, so weā€™ll be bolstered in numbers soon enough.

1 Like

Interesting, Iā€™d start Gabriel over Holding all day long given current form and the continuity factor.

Holding has PNE away coming up in the FA Cup

2 Likes

I had a dream where he actually was subbed back on during the same game against Stoke, because he was
feeling alright actuallyā€™ O.o. I didnā€™t realize that Iā€™d only dreamed it and it wasnā€™t true till I came on the net this morning.

3 Likes

Itā€™s just a standard three week hamstring job, we have players who can cover. Itā€™s the kind of thing you need to be able to deal with in a season if you have designs on being successful.

1 Like

Agreed. And therein lies the problem :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Nah but in fairness Iā€™m confident in either Gabriel or Holding to do a job for a couple of games.