Skhodran Mustafi

What!? Otherwise would we have bought him? :wenger:

We wouldn’t have that “World Champion winning mentality”.

Mustafi was selected in Germany’s 30-man provisional squad before the 2014 FIFA World Cup by Löw. After initially not making the squad for the finals, he was subsequently nominated as the replacement for the injured Marco Reus.

1 Like

Ahahah! :wenger:

Podolski is that you?

FTFY

3 Likes

:heart:

3 Likes

FOUR CLEANSHEETS IN A ROW

We have something special going on here my friends.

3 Likes

He’s awesome and likes fighting. I like him.

7 Likes

Wonderful performance. Beast.

6 Likes

Leader. Quality. German

Captain in waiting and worth every penny.

4 Likes

Such a fighter! He really has the balls.

:laughing: ref look so uncomfortable there.

13 Likes

Dunno why but that reminds me of the LVG incident jumping to the floor
it brought me to laugh!

2 Likes

I absolutely LOVED that moment!

Epic man this Mustafi. Offering the ref sexy times for a free kick, this man already doing everything for the Arsenal to win the game!

3 Likes

Us having a top quality centre back pairing feels very strange.

2 Likes

Loved him bombing forward earlier in the game. Still anxious about how these two will perform together in the 6 pointers in the league.

Saying that it’s genuinely looking like the days of us conceding cricket scores to our rivals may be over.

I can’t wait to see how this guy performs against Spurs and Man Utd in November. He could play a huge role in whether we get a good result or not against them. The more he plays, the more he’s settling in and forming a strong partnership with Kos. He’s seamlessly taken over Per’s spot by accident really, but we count ourselves so lucky to find someone like him.

1 Like

Exceptional beard. Exceptional defender.

Both Arsene and Theo talked of him as a leader in the squad, very vocal with everyone, committed. We look so, so good at the back now which coincides with how well we’ve been attacking recently too. Four clean sheets between Kostafi in four games they’ve featured together in.

As much as I like seeing a Xhaka 35 yarder, an Özil & Alexis ‘no-look pass’, Nigerian Hleb one touch passing with ease, Walcott banging in goals like it’s contract renewal time. Seeing Both Koscielny and Mustafi working in tandem together is a thing of beauty for any Arsenal fan.

10 Likes

Vokes gave him a tougher match than Costa did for Chelsea or Basel’s non-existent forward line, that’s for sure.

Think he’d probably count it as his toughest game since Liverpool, but it was important to serve as more proof that this guy is up for the battle week in, week out.

We hadn’t signed him when we played Liverpool

3 Likes