Serge Gnabry

The story will evolve and we’ll see - I think the money isn’t really the issue b/c we got what we got in a situation where he wanted to leave b/c he couldn’t see getting time over the jokers we have Ox and Theo… we have plenty of money. If Gnabry comes good and has a great year and turns into a great player, the issue is that we mismanaged him badly and failed to recognize the right talent, persisting too long with mediocre players…

We’ll see - I am always disappointed when young promising talent leaves, but it happens all the time to every big team.

I dunno if this is true. The two examples I can think of recently of young talents leaving their clubs against their will-- Pogbs and Coman, were both cases of the talents not being given a chance at their club.

Young talents will leave if you don’t give them a proper chance and they have options. That’s understandable at some clubs but at a club like ours, who doesn’t do a lot of things right but if there’s one thing we do do right, and pride ourselves on, it’s giving a chance to young talents, is it really understandable/excusable?

We’ve got Bellerin who would fit into that category no? And we poached Cesc away from Barca too.

We poached those two when they were 16. It’s rather different. We can lay claim to a big part of Bellerín’s development, for example. I’m talking about young talents leaving when they’re already first team ready, as with Gnabry, Pogba, and Coman.

People keep saying this but when were we supposed to play Gnabry?
He was injured for more than a year, needed a loan so went out & was clearly either unfit or not ready.
The chance to give him game time was this season & he opted to move before we could have a chance.

5 Likes

people seem to forget that he had his fair share of injury problem and why he did not feature that much. So saying ox, theo or whoever took time away from him is just rewriting history as he was also one of those players that loved the medical table

2 Likes

This is what managing is all about…you sit down and talk with a player. Tell him he’s going to get minutes, that it’s between he and Iwobi, for example, for the wing opposite Alexis. When this talk doesn’t happen, and crap like Ox is ahead of Gnabry in Wenger’s mind, it’s no surprise he leaves.

Why are you sure Wenger didn’t have that chat?
He even was public about it in a press conference.

Because it’s been obvious that Ox is ahead of him on the pecking order, and that Wenger still puts faith in Ox. Wenger saying vainly he wants to keep Gnabry doesn’t mean anything. Of course he’d prefer to keep Gnabry than lose him. Question is was he willing to give him minutes?

2 Likes

Why is it obvious, the guy couldn’t stay fit and he had like 3 games for us if that and he didn’t do well in the loan (whose fault that is I don’t know but it can’t be 100% on pulis) he gained weight didn’t train properly and maybe he had a shit attitude for all we know, can’t just say ‘oh he was ahead of chamberlain’ for all we know he didn’t do well here because he had a bad attitude to training plus his injuries hampered him, you are looking at things as plainly black and white…there could be a lot more to this.

You speak of Wenger as if he is a Mourinho, allergic to giving minutes to youth.
Wenger is the same person who gave minutes to Gnabry when he was 18-19.
Wenger is same person who has Iwobi ahead of Ox.

With those two statement, it should be clear that if Gnabry is good enough, he would have been played; regardless of Ox.

Whether Wenger would have played Gnabry or not is speculative at best and to throw blame on Wenger is just trying to find a fault in him, by twisting the fact.

3 Likes

So fallacious. The fact that Wenger in general is good at giving opportunities to young players, does not mean that “if Gnabry was good enough, he would have played”. One does not follow from the other, typical Trion fallacy here. Wenger rates/rated Ox, it’s clear. Gnabry is better than Ox, it’s clear. Wenger made an error in evaluation of two young footballers. Simple as that. It’s true that, if he had made a better evaluation of the two, and sold Ox as he should’ve, it will always be speculation whether Gnabry would’ve stayed under those circumstances. My feeling is that he would’ve. But I admit it is purely hypothetical at this point, sadly.

1 Like

Thats just hypothetical what if’s we do not no what scenario played behind the scenes all we know he wanted out, bring ox, theo, alexis or iwobi into it is just hear say without facts to back it or first hand accounts. I’m pass caring he is not our player anymore because he wanted out i support arsenal not gnabry. I would of loved him to stay is talent was evident but he wanted out for whatever reason

But Wenger never fucking got a chance to show his evaluation, you lunatic.

Of course he did, don’t be daft. Before Gnabry went to the Olympics he only came on at the end of the match, Ox started. The pecking order was clear. Gnabry was well behind Ox.

why are we going on about this he is gone deal with it, far better players than him have left us…and it was not our choice to get rid it was him being a cunt and not wanting to fight for a place he was offered a new contract so he decided to leave and forced the situation.

of course ox is going to be ahead of him ox is part of the first team and this guy came back from injury and lack of playing time. You don’t seem to want to considr other factors that could contribute to him leaving or not playing. The fact is he came back from a half season loan fat and injured tells you a lot

1 Like

Sigh.
If you were the manager who would you give more minutes to?
Player who would be available to start the season with or the player who would be playing in Olympics?

Use some fucking logic.

One player is first team member, other was injured/out on loan for last 2 seasons.

Before Olympics, No one fucking cared for Gnabry.
Albeit You & me have been fan of Gnabry, there was no evidence after his loan that he was ready to be a first team member.

And it’s a long season, Pre season is not the sole indication of a manager’s preference.

The fact remains Gnabry was lured long before this season started & i won’t be surprised if Bayern were involved.

Curious that you have not blamed Wenger for persisting with Theo.

Just out of interest, but which game are you even talking about?

1 Like