Scum

Tbf the gap is bigger this season than it was last. We were only a point behind them after 32 games and 3 behind after 29.

1 Like

Hate to say it but as a team they are miles ahead of us at the moment

The games between us will be close but over a season we are well behind. In fairness we were well behind last season as well. We just got lucky that they completely fell apart the last few games

I cant see them doing that this season sadly and even if they do theyll still finish above us

As long as they win nothing… FOYS

2 Likes

It really isn’t.

It’s such a small club mentality to seriously care where other teams finish unless it’s 1st and they’ve beaten you to it.

We deserve everything we get after coming up with this “St Totteringhams Day” rubbish and then bringing it up every fucking year.

If it really is an issue then I’ll take the 20 years finishing above them to their 1 thanks.

3 Likes

Like their. “Mind the gap”… Piss taking is part and parcel of being a football fan… FOYS…
And they will come up with a we finished above Arsenal “term”“day” they will even have mugs designed and printed T Shirts…

1 Like

All very true, but making out that them finishing above us by 1, 2 or 3 places would be the worst thing ever says to me that finally having to concede a bit of banter to some smug Spurs fans would be the worst thing ever.

But it’s not like they’ll be 1st and we’ll be 14th. They can have their day in the sun after 20 years under a rock and at many times in that 20 years they’ve not just been below us, they’ve been absolutely terrible. Us finishing below them should he a much smaller deal to us than them finishing above us should be for them in 2017.

1 Like

I was alive the last time they did it😉 and they did milk it… But yes its not the end of the world, just disappointing… Luckily not many of them where i live…

2 Likes

@InvincibleDB10 clearly I now rule it out. :joy:

3 Likes

Spurs might finish 20 points above us :joy:

He’s done us :neutral_face:

So this is what it feels like when the shoe is on the other foot.

Kinda sucks.

4 Likes

Hopefully theyll win fuck all… Losers are losers.

2 Likes

He’s a cunt by association to that Seven Sisters cunty lot but he’s not wrong. They have bigger things to worry about than finishing above us because obviously, that’s now a done deal. He’s got a FA Cup Semi-final to worry about and any chance at picking up crumbs that Chelsea may drop in the title race.

1 Like

He’s changing the mentality of the club. Superb manager with a very good squad.

I still don’t think we’re far off them regardless of how this season ends. We need a similar thinking manager with a few fresh additions.

5 Likes

Ideally we want a similar manager and for Pochettino to go to a bigger club.

1 Like

Completely true this year. Last year they were on the verge and were in the title race longer than we were, but once they fell off of the pace to LC at the very end, they collapsed and let us overtake them. They are an exciting, vibrant club atm compared to us.

2 Likes

Hope to do this prat in the F.A. Cup.

Lol you guys are so sad.

I’m over it, it hasn’t exactly registered with me year on year when St Totts Day is and as we’ve become increasingly left behind under the Kroenke/Wenger regime I’ve cared less and less about the merit of our league placing above Tottenham (3 times in exceptionally jammy circumstances anyway).

I really don’t care :woman_shrugging: I want genuine league challenges (whether that be against them or otherwise) and the odd trophy to build our legacy

I judge our rivalry with Tottenham on leagues and cups, not average league position finish over 10 or 20 or 50 years (all of which we win anyway)

3 Likes

Looks like a fat Russel Crowe on an album cover in that picture.