Santi Cazorla

Every year it seems since we moved to the Emirates, someone in our team suffers an injury that near enough keeps them out most or the whole season. It just has to be one of our most important players :santi:

We simply don’t have enough creative players to choose from right now, this is a heck of a blow.

Take any one player out of the team and everything falls apart.

What gives?

1 Like

The loss of Mustafi or Walcott would be much more manageble then the loss of Cazorla or Ozil. We have zero other creative, intelligent players in the squad like that.

The loss of Santi leaves a big hole in our squad, he’s absolutely crucial to the team because at present no one can replicate what he does to the same degree.

2 Likes

Ask wenger. It’s his squad.

You didn’t need to be a genius to predict this

1 Like

Can’t we recall Jack? Or sign someone

THREE MONTHS?! FFS. His career here is just over.

1 Like

We signed Xhaka, chill people.

Also this whole with / without stat is utter rubbish. Many more variables to conifer than if one individual played or not.

You are like a broken record give it rest. We all know we have signed Xhaka you know? Cazorla is vital to our system.

Yup, season over.
Dire football to follow, unless Wenger finds the balance again.

Behave. Your posts make me want to slit my wrists. Stop catastrophising for 5 minutes because it’s genuinely not benefiting anyone.

Cazorla is a solid midfielder, but virtually everyone has some obsession at any random point in the year about players that are injured that if fit would magically make us title condenders.

I’m gonna make this abruptly clear for you, Cazorla is not a world class midfielder that dominates games and single handedly wins matches. He has had just as many poor games and mistakes as any other player in the midfield, and has been part of tons of lineups that have been utterly dominated.

If he was fit and Xhaka was injured, the you would be going on and on and on and fucking on about how the midfield sucks and how the season is over.

Christ almighty get over it and move on. The season isn’t over.

Lol pretty much sums up his posting style :smiley:

He’s like a broken record? You sure you don’t want to aim that at a few other posters?

1 Like

Sometimes the absence of a player who is maybe not a ‘world class midfielder’ can hurt as much when the player in question is unique in the squad and has no proper substitute. That is the case with Cazorla. Xhaka doesn’t provide what he does.

5 Likes

Absolutely agree with this, we are a different and better side with Cazorla in the team. He’s absolutely intrinsic to our style, and that’s not to say he’s the best midfielder in the world or even at the club but without him we don’t play as well, and that’s been obvious in the last several weeks.

3 Likes

My point is; with him we have games where we still lose. He alone isn’t the key to victory and there has been more than a few occasions where he has been on field and not performed.

Putting him on a pedastool and assuming he makes us some silky team that can go toe to toe with anyone is utter bollocks and needs to stop.

1 Like

Indeed. Santi would take less to recover than my father.

Was about to post it. You were right about his fitness in the summer.