Santi Cazorla

He really should be retiring in all fairness.

1 Like

I love when people try to mistify the words to keep their positions, especially this position anti-Arsenal and anti-Wenger.

The problem aren’t Per and Santi, but our budget to improve the squad (100M) and what City are spending before the end of May (70M and they still need to buy other 4/5 players).

Arsenal can take back 25M from the wage will only selling useless players with no chance to be starters or reserves, plus the fee paid by others club to buy them.

What is the value of players like Ospina, Debuchy, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Elneny, Wilshere, Campbell, Chambers, Lucas Perez, Szczesny? 5M Ospina, 5M Debuchy, 2 or 3M Jenkinson, 5M Gibbs, 10M Elneny, 10M Wilshere, 5M Campbell, 10M Chambers, 10M Perez, 10M Szczesny = an hypotetical budget increase of 72M of pounds, plus 25M pounds from the wages = other potential 100M to invest, keeping inalterate the quality of the team.

• Cech; Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal; Bellerìn, Xhaka, Ramsey, Kolasinac; Ozil (?), Sànchez (?), new CF .

• New GK; Holding, Mertesacker, Gabriel; Oxlade, Coquelin, new MF, Bramall or Monreal; Walcott, Iwobi, Welbeck or Giroud.

It still doesn’t seem like smart economic business to keep a high earner like Cazorla on the books for a club with such limited funds

It wouldn’t suprise me if Cazorla is on ~4/5 million a year. That’s seems like big money for somebody whose role is limited to add to a positive atmosphere.

3.6M p/y.

Source?

Close to 5M, 90k p/w, correct.

Santi Cazorla’s time at Arsenal is split into two halves, brilliant first 3 years( for the most part) and now sadly the final 3 years in the rehab room.

We can, because the assessment we have no money is completely and utterly false.

I didn’t say we have no money. I’ve said we have limited funds compared with other teams. Or so is claimed by other people on these forums. Hence every penny counts.

Hyperbole

Calm down chapettes. Cazorla will leave after we’ve done our best to patch him up. He wont hack it in the Prem after this injury (said this months ago) combined with his age. But I dont think we will ditch him till we have done our part at least. Simple as that really.

1. Pay is appearance related
  2. He’s arguably our best player. Many want to spend 20m plus per year on Ozil/Alexis wages, so Cazorla on a small fraction of that is good business even if he only plays for 20 games a season.

Since we’ve already activated that clause I don’t know if it’s even possible to release a player because of a long term injury. I reckon there are rules and relegations regarding that to protect players.

Enough. He should barely be playing, let alone a starting option for us.

He can become a coach please.

If we do have too high a wage bill get Walcott out of here first of all.

Had all this bollocks before with fucking Arteta. Now these 2. Where is the argument that convinces you its working.
5th and 10 goals against Bayern suggest its not gone to well.

Where’d you get this detail about his contract from?

1 Like

And/or we should absolutely, positively NOT be relying on him AT ALL for next season… we need another top player in the middle. Looks like Xhaka may come good (seems to be on the right path), but I am not trusting Ramsey at all with his latest purplish patch.

Well this is a damn shame. We’ve seen some wonderful players struck down with chronic injuries here. Cazorla, Rosicky, Diaby and Wilshere to name a few. In Santi we have such a top class, majestic footballer but now we’ll be lucky to see him even play again. These realities partially dampen the mood of being a sports fan sometimes.

3 Likes

Really?
Wenger and his supporters are always pleading poverty compared with other big clubs.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ArsenalFanTV/status/882158046981632000

:santi: :santi: :santi: :santi:

It’s over.

4 Likes