Santi Cazorla

Our new Rosický :xhaka:

If true i dont know whos fault this is, maybe he was up on his feet doing stuff too quick or the operation wasnt done at its best but what a shit situation

An yet we extend his contract for another year same as with BFG ,pissing away money left right and centre but wont pay up to keep sanchez !

2 Likes

Ankle injuries are the scourge of Arsenal Football Club. Oh and knee injuries. and Achilles injuries.

Season over. We already knew it :santi:. Need to replace him this summer.

1 Like

Its more the fact it was totally avoidable tbh, unless he isnt healing properly, either he tried to get back to early but there shouldn’t be any real reason unless he rushed back or something that his surgery scars reopened.

1 Like

I like how its either ‘ffs wenger rushing players’ or ‘ffs wenger just play him’.

:smile:

I didnt say Wenger, i just said he maybe tried too much too quick or he isnt healing right or the op wasnt quite right but he shouldnt have reopened really if he had healed properly or didnt rush things.

Wenger should have also bought a proper cover, knowing Santi wouldn’t have lasted for the whole season.

2 Likes

granit xhaka? seems fairly obvious tbh.

I don’t think they are the same type of player :expressionless:

Achiles aren’t that simple, once you have the scar tissue it isn’t going to go away, it’s liable to go at any time. Trust me I have the same injury.

There isn’t a same type of player as Cazorla around who we can realistically. Xhaka was probably the nearest to that we could get.

Theres no creative player been around the league for the last 2 years that could have replaced him ? Of course there have been but we didnt because we had wilshere ramsey rosicky flamini and arteta on the payroll until this year costing us close to 400 k a week .
Its feast or famine in Wengerland ! He wont even try to replace him as ramsey will be there and jack will be back and will get game time untill he gets another long injury .

1 Like

IMO there is categorically not a single player in the PL who can replace Cazorla, at least not in the sense that they could do exactly what he does for us.

I’m not the most knowledgeable football fan but I don’t think there are many players in Europe who can do what he does for us, let alone within our league.

Basically I don’t think we can like for like replace Cazorla. I think whoever we bring in to replace him will necessitate a change of system, there is no like for like replacement within our reach (if at all).

3 Likes

So you’re suggesting we have a smaller squad and play kids when injuries inevitable pile up?

Who could we have realistically got that’s in the Cazorla bracket? The only obvious one in the last 3 seasons is Fabregas and his legs are shot but I think we should of got him anyway.

Xhaka could play with Cazorla, but not replace him.

How about Verratti? I’m sure he wouldn’t cost much :arteta:

I also read an article where they suggested Joe Allen as a Santi replacement…

Not according to Arsène :wenger:

Was it in the Daily Mail? :grimacing:

1 Like

Bloody hope not as that would mean I had read the Daily Mail. Shiver.

1 Like