Santi Cazorla

Flamini!

:arteta:

fucking joke the injuries now

1 Like

I thought it was the whole season anyway. :smile:

Wenger did the same with Rosicky back in '08. Just when we struggled to overtake Villa(?) he signed Arshavin. That reactive style of team management doesn’t help him at all. Quite the contrary. He just doesn’t want to help himself.

:xhaka: :santi:

I knew it was the whole season in November, this is hardly newsworthy.

I thought that missing the season had already been established?

5 Likes

It was but i guess (well me anyway) that since i saw him back at arsenal that he might slowly be back to training and we would maybe see him in a month or two for the run in and that he has managed a shorter recovery time…but i guess we forget what injuries are like at this club.

He’s all ready 32 we should have been looking for his replacement already in the close season but as usual we ONLY buy when we are backed into a corner !

1 Like

Sure, 32 is ‘getting up there’ a bit but, with that level of talent and football brain, Caz’s age doesn’t bother me too much. It’s all about letting the ball do the work. I think, barring injuries of course, that there’s a decent couple of years or more in him.

Part of reason why Santi did so well in midfield was because physical aspects like his acceleration and mobility in attacking transitions, he needed those attributes to compensate for his lack of stature and presence.

After successive muscle injuries 30+ It’s over for Santi basically. Hate to say it but it’s the harsh reality. He might be able to carve out a Rosicky like novelty role but in terms of meaningful contributions to the first 11 we should be actively on the search for replacement tbh

4 Likes

As far as squad players go he (like Godroud) would be perfect for virtually any club in the world.

Whats important is we stop beating around the bush, and go for that next level quality. An Alexis of central midfield.

2 Likes

Is this guy still alive. I thought he’d been turned into glue.

1 Like

He may very well be done but not for the reasons you state, Santi is slow as hell in fact it’s probably only Per that’s slower in the whole squad.

He doesn’t rely on acceleration but rather trickery of being able to dribble out of smaller spaces than a cats arse, bringing the ball from deep and the like.

If he’s done it’s because he won’t really be able to play consecutive games on the spin anymore not because his physical attributes have taken a hit which weren’t much to write home about anyway.

Truth is we should have been looking to find his replacement last season after his injury problems before, foresight isn’t really considered around these parts though.

2 Likes

Wenger’s a fool if he really believed Cazorla would stay fit all season and perhaps a bigger one if he thought Xhaka, Ramsey or Elneny could fill those boots.

3 Likes

Cazorla apparently confirms his injury in this radio interview, not seen any translations of the interview so don’t know if anything else is said.

Who the fuck even cares, sure he’s probably our most important player but it’s not like if he even managed to come back from injury early we’d stand a chance at winning anything of merit. Our title hopes died the minute this man went down.

1 Like

Such a shame as Santi was one of the brighter spots during Wenger’s last ten years, don’t think he be around Arsenal for much longer either. Wenger once again depending on fitness rather then been ruthless and signing a player to take over Santi’s spot. He was injury prone last season too so it wasn’t a one off. I don’t think him been fit would have won us the league but I do think we’d probably have won one or two of those games we dropped points in with his play.

It seems that the wound from the first surgery wasn’t healing up, so he needed a skin graft in the area(the surgery a few weeks ago) and that recently he had return to the hospital since the stitches were opening a bit.
He says that there’s no return date since he can’t train until the wound heals up.

Then they talked about the Bayern game and Ranieri.

1 Like

How do you say who gives a fuck any more in Spanish?