Sanchez and Ozil contract situation

PSG?

These two must be kept at the club.

If we sell them we all know the replacements will be no where near as good.
We also need world class players not just because without them we wouldn’t get CL football, but because in order to attract the best players, you have to have some already.
I’m sure that was one of the reasons we got mustafi.

Pay them what they want, and tell them we are going to get a couple more players of their quality.
That should persuade them.

I feel like this article would have come out after one of the first two matches if we had won one of those.

Forgot about them tbh haha.

Source??
When did they actually say it, say they are in contract extension with the club?

Did you actually read the OP?
Quite hard to miss :neutral_face:

Subject line says “Alexis and Ozil poised to commit…”
The first sentence of Mirror’s article was, “Gunner want star duo … to stay for five years… will put pen to paper”

I did not see Ozil and/or Sanchez saying “I want to stay with the club, and we are just finalizing the paperwork”…

Some other sources saying their commitment will depend on the title, some said Ozil wants the #10 jersey… I see a lot of stuffs.

Anyway, both players willing to re-start the talk and negotiation is a good start and a positive sign, but we are far from getting it done.
Hope we can get this done before entering their final year of contract.

2 Likes

I also remember when Nasri was poised to sign a contract extension in Feb 2011.

1 Like

We have a slightly better source now!

They’re still not saying anything new. I’d rather just stick with what Wenger said as it doesn’t seem that any of the journalists has anything meaningful to add to that.

According to ESPN the club is confident Ozil will sign a new contract, but there are some doubts around Sanchez. No credible sources mentioned in the article.

So the Telegraph are reporting that, “Arsenal are hoping Özil and Alexis will sign contract extensions before Christmas.”
I would be surprised if they said anything different.

It might be difficult to persuade them without a top striker to play in front of our midfield.

Thing I’ve read on this is that Ozil is much more likely than Sanchez.

Ozil (for some reason) is happy to play with a bunch of players that appear increasingly inferior to him. But he does have some mates around and seems to like the London lifestyle.

Sanchez is apparently less likely, after a big release clause insertion as well as a pay rise. These reports about him clashing with Wenger every time he gets subbed or rested can’t be entirely without substance either.

I expect both to sign and we can afford to up them both. But also it wouldn’t surprise me if Sanchez’ team stalls on it quite a bit, to see if (when) we get knocked out of the CL and how far off the pace in the league we are by January.

1 Like

I hope they both sign it would appease me for the time being at least !

1 Like

So we were close to agreeing extensions with them 6 months ago apparently…

1 Like

Ozil’s new contract was supposed to be announced on his birthday.

1 Like

Ozil is vastly overrated. Excels against mediocre opposition when everything is running smooth, but fuckin becomes houdini disappear maestro when the going gets tough.

Alexis is genuinely world class. Let’s hope he stays.

If we can’t give them the big 2 trophies (at least they are winning something while here) then let’s at least give them FAT ass STACKS of PAPER.

10 Likes

Might work with Ozil. Don’t think it’s all money with Alexis, He wants the major honours, Fa Cups won’t be enough for him, so I think he would take a hit to the pocket to join a Juventus or Bayern. Wouldn’t blame him to be fair.

1 Like