Rob Holding

Two stupid mistakes have costed two goals scored by Coutinho.

Itā€™s a shame this is what has to happen, he should be given the time to bed in and rather than being thrown to the wolves.

Way out of his depth at this level.

He did OK, all things considered. I donā€™t think iā€™ll be looking back at this game and blaming Rob Holding for it.

A ridiculous statement after one game and under the circumstances.

4 Likes

Easy to blame the youngest centre back. He was probably at fault for one, but yet again, team defending non-existant.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not blaming the player, Iā€™m blaming the person who was responsible for picking him.

Our midfield was non-existent in the second half. Two young boys like then should have had more protection.

Evey post you make has ā€˜ita Wengerā€™s faultā€™ implied but your statement was about the player and after one game you canā€™t possibly make such a judgement. So like I say, a ridiculous statement.

Felt bad for Rob. Guy made his Bolton debut last season against Burton Albion. Now he gets tossed up against a lethal attack such as Liverpool spear-headed by Jurgen Klopp. Not fair to him, but I am intrigued with his future at the club and the prospect of him growing into a good CB for Arsenal. Just right now that time is not it.

2 Likes

Not his fault whatsoever. He did the best he could. It is 100% on the managerā€™s refusal to add to a position of dire need.

I wasnā€™t surprised one bit that the center backs struggled. Simply stupid to expect them to keep Liverpool under wraps.

Imo he had an ok game. Yes he made some mistakes but for his first match and in that situation he did well. Chambers on the other hand yikes his positioning was dreadful.

There was little difference between the two, I know heā€™s a new signing and has that ā€˜new smellā€™ about him but donā€™t just make shit up.

Well youā€™re wrong but letā€™s not discuss this anymore.

Should never throw a young player into a game like this without maturity/experience around him.

Canā€™t have been very good for his confidence and just have to hope he isnā€™t too affected by the result.

Manager is completely at fault for allowing this situation happen. Should have already bought an experienced CB and Holding would have been on the bench rather than on the pitch and watching the team crumble around him repeatedly.

Would rather Debuchy or Monreal got the start at CB. Horrible game to throw him into and he seems a real talented youngster as well.

2 Likes

Lack of experience for him, not lack of quality. His error to concede the free kick when Coutinho wasnā€™t in front of the goal, has been very big.

Itā€™s not even like he had Koscielny or Per next to him to guide him. Chambers needs guidance himself, let alone both of them two together. The pairing was always going to leak goals, nothing against them personally. I just hope this doesnā€™t affect him negatively too much.

4 Likes

Not sure you can really fault them for a lot of the goals. Most of it is down to being too cautious and inexperienced in certain situations. For coutinho scoring a worldie of a free-kick from this far out you canā€™t really expect that and chambers should have taken the yellow for fouling Mane on the last one, but apart from that itā€™s probably more to do with our experienced players just not being able to cope with the pace of the game yet (especially Monreal).

4 Likes

I thought he did ok yesterday

Is he the answer though? A player relegated with Bolton and we expect him to be our saviour at CB, im not convinced he is going to be, sadly

1 Like

The midfield let our two youngsters down big time but they could have done more. Iā€™m sure experience will help that. Already been pointed out but yes Chambers has to take the yellow there when heā€™s beaten handily, and a dumb foul by Holding pulling someone down with thwir back to goal about 35 yards out, leading to the fk by Coutinho. Going into halftime with the lead would have been a big boost, you could see the team came out deflated in the second half. The other big issue was Nacho just didnā€™t look right either.