Rob Holding

So who wants stones rather than holding :campbell:

Save us Rob.

I canā€™t take Gabriel at CB ever again.

2 Likes

Anyone else irked by his lack of game time? It was always going to be minimal but heā€™s not even getting a sniff.

Our lack of defensive organisation is bad enough but add to it a distinct lack of game time and weā€™re possibly looking at stagnation and that would suck because so far heā€™s looked a great prospect.

If Per does wind up signing for one more year and we retain Gabriel, next season heā€™d be better off going on loan surely?

Iā€™m happy he hasnā€™t been thrown into the deep end. Having such a poor season and we canā€™t keep clean sheets, heā€™d be getting battered by the fans if he was on the pitch.

4 Likes

Mertesacker is 100% going in the summer, not that he was ahead of Holding anyway in the pecking order. Holding is a centre back in the embryonic stages of his career, how much he plays this season isnā€™t all that vital

1 Like

Didnā€™t him and Santi just get 1 year extensions?

Indeed @Cristo. Wenger said we had an option on both Mertesacker and Cazorla which weā€™re going to take. If Per not wants to leave himself obviously.

1 Like

Exactly this ^.

Thought he looked very experienced and composed last night. Great performance

2 Likes

Did everything he needed to from his latest limited opportunity this season.

The way him and Chambers are playing and the fact that Mustafi is only 25 and Bellerin is 20 we could be set for a decade in defence. Just need a Lb.

3 Likes

Should get a run out against Sutton

A great prosprect. Hopefully he can develop into a TC defender here.

I donā€™t remember if he can play as RB as well. Would have been better than Gabriel.

He played really well tonight. Think he was our best defender.

Yeah I like him - every time I have seen him thus far he looks pretty composed and solid - not perfect or WC or anything, but at least not a headless chicken like some of our other clowns. Promising young player.

4 Likes

He is still in his first year at the club. Wenger hasnā€™t had the chance to corrupt him. But I trust the process and I trust the man. He will eventually prevail and knock any natural defensive talent out of Holding.

3 Likes

Good game. Didnā€™t make any mistake.

1 Like

Impressive last night. Could be Wengers best unheard of signing in a while. Koscielny?

:joy:

If he ruins and corrupts the players, try to ask about him to people like Anelka, Vieira, Petit, Weah, Djorkaeff, Ashley Cole, Kanu, Henry, Ljungberg, Kolo, Clichy, Fabregas, Reyes, EbouĆØ, Flamini, van Persie, Song, Walcott, Adebayor, Sagna, Nasri, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Oxlade, Ramsey, Iwobi, BellerƬn and othersā€¦

And itā€™s useless to talk about the players which he has helped to reinvent themselves like Bergkamp, PirĆØs or Cazorla.