Riyad Mahrez

Reus seems to be done in by injuries and I’d imagine if he was avaialble we’d have too much competition to sign him. With Mahrez because he isn’t as obviously elite we have a chance to get him signed.

He’s been brittle the last few seasons but he’s not done in whatsoever.

Mahrez would be easier to sign though.

Mahrez has handed in a transfer request, do we still want him?

Time to move this to the Rumour Mill anyway. Busy summer for Riyad.

He doesn’t suit the current formation with a back three but I’d take him.

Lacks bulk

He’s a tricky wide player that was player of the year skinny or not, it’s OK that he’s not been on the pies lol.

1 Like

Might be one of the best options available in the vain search to replace Sanchez, should he leave

He was player of the year in a team that played in a completely different style to Arsenal, the counter attacking style not based on possession complimented his qualities and stature. Not advocating he turns into Mr Muscle just that he could bulk up a bit more.

He’d be brilliant in behind the striker in either Alexis or Ozil’s role. I think he would be worth the money even though he wouldn’t be first choice, we need the quality should be want to rotate.

1 Like

I don’t think his slender physique will hinder him at all here tbh, Özil did bulk up a little though after his first season so there maybe something to be said for that.

Buy him Wenger fuck that bottler Walcott off and get this guy.

4 Likes

100%
we could do this with half the squad frankly

He would be a much better replacement for Ozil than for Sanchez. At least one of the players behind the striker in this formation needs to be a goal scorer whose instinct is to run behind the defense.

He would be a much better backup option than players like Walcott or Lucas. But I’d probably rather have a player like Lemar who is younger and with more upside if we are looking to fill that role.

Where would he play in our 3-4-3 formation? (Assuming Alexis and Mesut are staying)

Özil Mahrez

Alexis

:wink:

3 Likes

:santi2:

Give him Walcott’s slot. He could rotate one of the two forward roles behind the striker.

Agree. Think he could operate there. Iwobi back up to Alexis and Mahrez back up for Ozil. That way youve still got the right and left footed options for balance. We should go for the steal.

Reading the Leicester forum and quite a few are saying they want him to go anywhere but Arsenal. :giroud: