Riyad Mahrez

Had a poor season but swapping Theo out for Mahrez would be cracking business. Bout time we started stockpiling nimble technicians again.

Him and Ozil together would be a delight.

Matt Law said we’re on him but I don’t remember the last time when Matt said something which has been confirmed.

His stock would have levelled out somewhat with a less than inspiring season I’d assume. Fully on board with this.

Would love this. One of the best players to watch in the league.

2 Likes

Hah Theo is way better. Stats prove it.

Fuck off is Walcott better, Walcott is a bloody striker/winger they play in different positions. Walcott is a footballing dunce, i dont know how the fuck he is still here. Mahrez adds far far more to a team than Walcott ever will. This season for Mahrez has been poorer than last but at the same time he obviously didnt want to be at Leicester this season and is waiting so he can move!

Not trying to get into a big argument over Mahrez, but how big is the sample size really for him being good enough for Arsenal? 6 months, full season, more?

He was pretty good the season before Leicester won the league. I think this season has been a blip for.Mahrez due to having low morale and the whole team underperforming under Ranieri.

That said I’m not sure he’d be my first choice big signing.

Problem is though when you go for bigger sample sizes you never get the signing because by that time the bigger teams want the player because they have ‘proven themselves’ Look at the sample sizing for Hazard and Dembele, Aubemeyang, Reus etc.good sample size now, but now look at the prices wanted for them if they even want to leave and by then they think too much of themselves too ‘I will only sign for XYZ’

1 Like

That’s true, there’s always the possibility to be too late to a signing if you wait too long, but I’m just wondering if there is more than just the first half of the season last year in which he did great, as he fell off a bit towards the end and did nothing really of note all this season. I also wouldn’t really compare him to all of the names you mentioned as Mahrez is 26 by now, so he doesn’t have the up and coming star player tag attached to him which will make him impossible to buy off whoever he joins.

He’s got tremendous natural ability which you don’t just lose over night. I think reservations about him coming here are just as we are in a state of disarray but I’d say he has about the same risk as Kante to Chelsea. And we all know how that turned out.

3 Likes

I can only see this happening if Sanchez leaves.
So it’s definitely a possibility.

i mean yeah, tremendous ability you wont lose overnight. But then… Ramsey… eh.

Would be pretty special to see Mahrez ignite some magic again though.

1 Like

Fair enough. For me it’s mostly that I see a signing like him as the Alexis replacement in case the Chilean leaves and at least right now that would be a solid downgrade. If we were to keep him and add another player to the squad I think Mahrez wouldn’t be too bad though.

I know you’re probably right but if Alexis by some miracle were to stay I’d see Mahrez more as a Rosicky replacement, something we are in dire need off. A mobile forward technician who can carry the ball forward and receive it without shitting the bed every fucking time like some of our players.

1 Like

Where does Mahrez leave the squad in terms of balance though?

Alexis Welbeck Ozil is the best we can hope for at this stage, and Mahrez displaces none of them in their respective starting roles

Adequate back up or go back to playing Alexis upfront where we saw some of our best football played this season.

Alexis looks like he’s off though, Mahrez is a good replacement. Some people may find him an underwhelming one but he does certain things better.

Would rather have Reus but Mahrez is a very good player.

Think he’d become a better player if he moved away from Leicester.

1 Like