Riyad Mahrez

Mainly Batshuayi & Embolo.

1 Like

I don’t see how. A player we didn’t bid for re-signed for his current club.

It’s a non story as far as Arsenal goes.

1 Like

I still wonder why we couldn’t have gotten a guy like Dembele. He could have gone virtually everywhere, but he said Dortmund pursued him for a long time and the coach convinced him. Couldn’t we have done that? At this point I don’t think we’re in for that class of talent anymore (meaning we’re not even trying), even though this could be incredibly important for us. We’re not going to get the world beaters anyway, why not put the effort in to get at least top talent? Well, effort is probably the key word here.

5 Likes

There hasn’t been a lot of logic applied in the last three or so years when it comes to transfers and Arsenal. We’ve brought in good additions yes but always one or two shy of actually completing the fabled satisfied threshold which no one in the club seems to have achieved for years.

This window isn’t going to plan, sure, but the lack of reaction to that is more worrying.

1 Like

Another player who used us to get a better contract :wenger2:

Whats the bets him and Vardy both score against us at the weekend.

1 Like

I don’t think try to get Vardy is a plan, considering the amount of time we have been waiting.

I think the Vardy fiasco just illustrates the fact Wenger treats spending money on a top quality striker as an occupational hazard.

He had one good season, was relatively cheap and played in the PL.

For Wenger, the fact that Vardy was cheap was the most attractive thing about him.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be the most attractive thing for everyone?

If he were to be bought for a high cost, you would think 'why didn’t we spend the amount on someone like Lacazette or Batshayu or whoever, especially considering Vardy is 29. Plenty would question the sanity of the club.
Vardy may have had a great season but he is not the kind of striker we have been waiting for, struggles in setup where there is not much room to run into.

Signing a player like Vardy made sense only because he was cheap.

You could have predicted the morning’s press.

“Ranieri 2 Wenger 0”

“Mahrez snubs Gunners”

That’s how you take a non story, and make it a story.

2 Likes

Thats the end of this one then!

It never started Tone :slight_smile:

1 Like

You mean we have had 892 posts on this for no reason? :joy:

Correct.

Basically :slight_smile:

Midlands correspondent for the telegraph.

He never turned us down as we never bid for him. No club bidded for him

It’s just Arsenal fans blowing the situation out of control and drawing up hypotheticals then using it as a stick to beat Arsenal/Wenger with, mob mentality.

'Kinell:

CRYING pic.twitter.com/ANVej71zcn

— ㅤㅤㅤ (@ClinicalPoacher) August 17, 2016
2 Likes

I’m agreeing with you.

He isn’t the sort of player we should be going for, and he was cheap for a reason.
What worries me is that Wenger did think he was good enough but was more attracted by the price rather than the player.

we’ll win 3-2.

3 Likes

Whatever helps AKB’s sleep at night. I don’t give a shit about Mahrez but stop trying to sugar coat this shit doughnut with this garbage. It’s more cringe than twitter knee jerks after a loss. Straw man pussy shit.