Riyad Mahrez

Never confident when it comes to Arsenal.

1 Like

Comes together nicely then. His agent throwing our name out there trying too push possible on-going negotiations with Leicester and give them more money/speed things up.

If another club comes in, which inevitably there will be, I don’t fancy our chances.

1 Like

Says there has been no direct discussions with the club yet and he’s of interest to City & Madrid as well as us. Quite possible he’s waited for Bouhafsi to speak on the rumour, and has just added two clubs into the mix for the sake of some RT’s.

Haha never a truer word spoken! :grin:

Me either. He would be huge upgrade on the right for us - great pairing with Alexis and would be thrilled if we land him combined with getting rid of Walcott. Still need more though… not nearly enough done this summer and I have no faith that AW has an aggressive plan. As you said re: Ramsey “the future of Arsenal” it is the future of groundhog day - competing 2nd-5th, rinse and repeat.

f*ing sick to death of it. By the way, I have returned =)

3 Likes

I would find Xhaka and Mahrez a proper step forward for us though. Considering it’s Wenger we’re talking about.

3 Likes

Agree if we get Mahrez. Still way too little too late… the cumulative effect of many insufficient windows and persistence with failed players has taken its toll. We need a few windows to build it up and properly sort our squad and at this rate, we will always be behind.

2 Likes

Could be the case, but apparently said player is not moving anywhere. Agent also deleted picture of the game.

Capitalise your L.

2 Likes

Get a striker Wenger… There a lot of better strikers than Giroud out there… Just spend the money, for once…

We won’t get the deal done, we will haggle for to long trying to lowball Leicester and they will convince Mahrez to stay… Wenger will say " We tried but if clubs dont sell what can I do"?

1 Like

Has that ever happened? I think that is the myth of all myths.

Take your Anti-Wenger shit show to the Wenger thread. I have purposefully ignored that thread knowing people like you are in it.

4 Likes

Any quality signing is a plus and having seen Ramsey go from flick pass to world class in a wales shirt this guy could be good for him. It means that walcotts out too but due to his massive wages he will be hard to shift. Not sure why trion the troll is talking about ticket prices .its not like he will ever buy one .
Now for a striker and sod the cost get the best.

I don’t trust in this rumor, it’s another fake. Unfortunately the shit journalists are exploiting our stupid fanbase who would like to sign 15 players during every transfer session.

1 Like

The way I see it, Wenger only pays top dollar when he is convinced of the player’s ability and talent, like Ozil and Sanchez. Now, given that Mahrez was available all summer, and we have had the money all summer, what was stopping Wenger from making a bid for him right at the beginning of the summer, like Xhaka? If Xhaka was signed to appease the fans so that they renew their season tickets, I think signing the player of the season last year would have served that purpose even better. So then why didn’t he? It’s not like Mahrez was busy with the Euros.

The only reason I can think of is that Arsene wasn’t interested in the first place and had other targets in mind. Therefore, even if he is interested in Mahrez now, he is not Arsene’s first preference, which is why, am not getting my hopes up with this rumour.

Personally, I would love to see us sign this guy cause not only will it mean we have added some serious quality on the right wing, it would mean the end of Theo playing as a winger (sadly it won’t mean the end of Theo playing for us), it would mean more crosses being put in for Giroud and Sanchez to attack and it would mean we would be more deadly on the counter attack.

1 Like

That’s reading into it way too much.

Buying a player from another league is much easier than acquiring a player from a league-rival.

Interpreting behaviour from only a minuscule fraction of the information leads to a constant cycle of bullshit.

Happening.

3 Likes

Wow! An article based on a smile? :arteta:

1 Like