Riyad Mahrez

Disagree.

I’d rather Mahrez+ £20m striker.

1 Like

Hey, I think Cesc is the only one who can really hold a candle to him too and yeh Cesc’s priced certainly wasn’t fair either, we got way under market value and Chelsea got him for a steal because the Barca dream ended and they wanted rid. Like you say though Ozil situation was similar and the prices has a lot to do with whether the player wants out or the club wants rid. In my estimations I’m usually talking about what it would take the pry away a content player from a club not entirely willing to sell.

Yes please! And give them Walcott as a present for free.

Can’t believe that people are actually complaining about this deal. C’mmon guys, judging by how the club has been going on with their transfer business, this is definitely good news. Until yesterday I was ready for us to go into the new season without anymore new signing, and I’d rather have a world beater of a midfielder/winger than nothing at all. Lower your expectations mates, it’s Arsene’s Arsenal still, we are no Manchester or Real Madrid. To be expecting our club to sign a world class striker just because we need one is wishful thinking and will only come if Arsene or the board is in a good mood (I’ve learnt to accept that Giroud will be our No.1 striker, not that I’m fine with that but it just makes life less depressing thatsall). On any other day, Mahrez is the closest thing to a world class striker to me.

This looks serious now, but I’m waiting for Mohamed Bouhafsi to speak.

What the hell is a £20 mil striker going to do?

Quitely pleasesd if this comes off. Not bothered about the price either.
Just wondering though were the cinderella arguments are on him that were stuck on Vardy.
He hadnt done much up untill last season really.

1 Like

Find a gem?

My point was rather let’s keep this thread on Mahrez.

Discuss striker options in the appropriate thread.

Find a gem? Yeah OK then.

As for discussing striker options I think it’s perfectly suited to be discussed here since this potential transfer could put paid to the signing of a much needed striker.

The last point being very true, Pogba isn’t a more influential player than Ozil but will cost a world record. Ozil though was offered to all the PL teams (Moyes said as much) and none of them bit except for Spurs who he rejected, so to that extent we paid the market rate for him.

He’s not your fucking dad, don’t take criticism of him personally.

4 Likes

I’d believe that if you actually talked throughly about Mahrez once.

Loooool why is Trion telling stories. Ozil was never a PL record. Torres was.

Trion has this obsession with supporting Wenger no matter what. It borders on unhealthy.

The oversized pom poms are never far from his side.

I’ll be interested to see how Wenger manages his squad if Mahrez does come. Sanchez and Mahrez on the flanks is very offensive. You probably want to counterbalance that with a central midfield that is very disciplined - Xhaka/Elneny, Xhaka/Cazorla, or Xhaka/Coquelin even in some matchups. That doesn’t leave much room anywhere for favorite sons Ramsey and Wilshere, which is fine by me but very unWenger-like.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Cazorla is benched for Ramsey when he comes into the side. In Wenger’s mind, they’re still the future of our team.

Yeah, maybe this is wishful thinking as I personally never want to see Ramsey at CM again. I have long suspected that part of the reason to buy Xhaka was Wenger believing he would be a good partner for Ramsey in the middle.

I am surprised that no one has addressed the elephant in the room. This will be an AMAZING signing, not only because Mahrez is an amazing player in general, but also because he CAN CROSS!! How many fucking times was giroud or sanchez…well anyone really in a prime position to score and fucking walcott, Bellerin etc instead of pinging the ball in the final cross is way in front in the fucking goalkeepers mitts way behind them, basically fucking anywhere but where the danger is.

I get so fucking sick of every single game seeing 5-10 chances going begging because Chamberlain or whoever the fuck it is on the flanks just either dribbles and cuts in goes nowhere then the ball goes out wide again back and forth doing nothing whilst the box gets congested and the chance goes begging. Or the player will stick the ball into row z, waaaaaay behind the danger man or just basically chip the ball back to their goalkeeper almost in a ‘i dont want it you have it’ lazy shitty cross.

At least Mahrez has some tricky can actually score some decent goals and mostly hits the target with crosses. I know giroud gets a lot of flack but Giroud loves a header, how many times is he in a dangerous position and you just look at him and you can see he is frustrated because he doesn’t even jump for the crosses and looks at the person that does the cross as if to say ‘why do i bother, what in the living fuck was that i aint wasting my energy jumping for that shit!’

3 Likes

Oh yes Torres.
Think He was record transfer from outside league to PL, Record German transfer & ofcourse Arsenal’s record transfer.
The point related to mentioning remains the same.

Similarly, He is not my dad. No need to mention Wenger as if i am to govern his actions.

Tell me what was the need to mention Wenger in your post?