Pre-Season 2016/17

I’d like to know from @AbouCuellar in which games Joel has failed to impress, so we can discuss him.

Said Akpom wouldn’t make it, said Gnabry would (he might not now, but from an academy player, without injuries getting in the way, you’d have to say I judged him right), said Bellerín would, said Hayden was the best of the bunch in defence on that 12/13 academy side (without going farther than that, but yeah, Robin_L used to give me a lot of crap for that, and then Hayden was consequently called up to the first team and looked pretty decent when he played, before his injury).

Hayden basically never played for us. Two League Cup appearances is his total according to wkipedia,

1 Like

So essentially the only thing you got entirely right was that the wonderkid we poached from Barca turned out to be a solid talent.

How you don’t work in the industry is beyond me man.

3 Likes

Because of injury. He would’ve got games in 13/14 with our CB crisis if he wasn’t hurt. Arsène was talking him up then. Anyways, point is, I was right in identifying him as a decent talent, and that he was the best of the bunch in defence at that point. Never said he’d have an Arsenal career. [quote=“Castiel, post:205, topic:284, full:true”]
So essentially the only thing you got entirely right was that the wonderkid we poached from Barca turned out to be a solid talent.

How you don’t work in the industry is beyond me man.
[/quote]

Personal trolls gonna personal troll.

I’m not a scouter nor did I ever desire to be one. Just like following the youths. We can start talking about record of judging first team players and we can talk about Fellaini, Schneiderlin, that ST who used to play for QPR whose name I can’t even remember who you thought I was being arrogant when I laughed at the idea of signing him, Sissoko, etc. :wink:

1 Like

By your own standards? :smiley:

que?

What crisis? Mertesacker played like 35 games in the Premier League during that season and Koscielny 32. During Koscielny abscenes’ we still had Vermaelen to start.

1 Like

Remy?

Nah, I mean he’d still be better than Giroud for us but I’m not sure.

Austin I think it was.The English Shane Long.

Must be referring to 14/15, Hayden had a good performance vs Southampton and then his season was destroyed by 2 serious ankle injuries. I’m pretty sure if he didn’t get injured, Gabriel wouldn’t be an Arsenal player.

By basic standards of logic. :wink:

Remember, the majority of those kids aren’t getting loans to a championship side, or sold to a championship side, at his age. The norm is the Yennaris (another guy I was right on :innocent: ), that little mini LB who started a carling cup match for us and people liked (was right on him too btw :slight_smile: ), Hajrovics of the world.

@Castiel Charlie Austin is the player. I kept thinking Charlie Adam, then the name came to me.

Yeah @SDGooner , meant 14/15 as Burgundy says.

1 Like

He’d still have done more for us upfront than Theo can - shitty graphs aside.

I basically predict that nobody will fucking make it. I’ve been excited by three youth players in the last ten years, Fabregas, Wilshere and Gnabry. Missed the boat with Bellerin but other than that I’m obviously fucking amazing at saying what will happen. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wellington Silva’s first goal for his new club.

i’d love to know exactly how much money we pissed away on him.

Probably about 1 percent of what Ox and Theo have cost us and they don’t even have tekkers.

At least they had work permits.

Christ you Irishmen are so BREXIT.