Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (signed, sealed, delivered)

They are nervous. Something is surely going on behind the scenes.

That quote is fake?

Wenger:

on Aubameyang and if he could join Arsenal…
I have nothing to add to that. These kind of things, it’s better when it’s secret and when you don’t come out on it, and when you announce it when it’s over the line. Apart from the deal we just spoke about, Alexis and Mkhitaryan could happen, yes, but nothing else is close.

on Aubameyang’s character and if he’d fit in at Arsenal…
Yes, because character can be a very positive note and it can be a very negative note. I believe overall you look at the achievements of a player during his career and usually, when a career has been very positive, the character has been used in a positive way.

From German media reports I take that Zorc didn’t like the second paragraph.

Ah, so there is something here actually? I was thinking for a second that maybe this was just a Higuaín case, lots of smoke but no fire and no actual contact between the clubs.

Quotes in this BBC article ^

PEA is the type of player we should be bringing in if we lose Sanchez. The club shouldn’t be messing around and waiting until the eleventh hour!

Zorc’s quote from above has been put out by Dortmund’s press guy and has been used by a couple of different newspapers all connecting them to Wenger talking about Auba’s character.

So yea, there is something. I know Dortmund’s management tends to be quite vocal about a lot of things but they probably wouldn’t be saying such things if there was no interest from Arsenal’s side or if they weren’t concerned with Auba being unsettled.

1 Like

hhmmmmm something has changed this transfer period in wenger. Usually he is quite sly and secretive and you have to guess and take cues from his expressions etc, this time though he seems quite adamant on things and there is no reading between the lines, he seems quite bullish.

Basically, Wenger confirmed we are after him and sounded quite confident to get him (“i want to announce it when it is done”).

This won’t happen, never in a million years .
Zero faith in Wenkar

Zorc’s well and truly thrown his Spielzeuge out of the pram there, Wenger didn’t say anything. At least, nothing explicit and nothing really to be inferred either

1 Like

Maybe he already knows he is gone and is not happy about it so is lashing out.

1 Like

Don’t feel like this is going to happen eventually. It doesn’t make sense. Except for the Mislintat connection.

1 Like

I take it Bas Dost is not for sale…

Aubameyamg would prevent a high line being held because he is scary fast but he rarely creates his own chances with the ball at his feet.
I’ll take him though. His consistency is remarkable. Arsene is not known for playing to his strikers ( or other players come to think of it )strengths…

He hasn’t travelled to Berlin with Dortmund…

Of course, he could have just caught the Japanese Flu rather than it being due to us being close to buying him :smile:

1 Like

Still don’t think this one will happen. It’s the right move to make which almost certainly rules us out of the running.

1 Like

ye of little faith :xhaka: :henry:

Stop being a stale baguette and be jumpy jumpy positive for a change :campbell:

3 Likes

Haha, I don’t think I can mate. I’ve been let down too many times over the years.

3 Likes

He is taking a flight to London :henry2: