Olivier Giroud

What about, Martial, Rashford, Iheanacho, Morata?

2 Likes

Until they all develop further, i think Giroud is arguably the better backup.

Nah, c’mon, Iheanacho and Morata are both better than Giroud, let’s not go crazy.

2 Likes

On what basis?

On the basis of there are like 3 or 4 football experts here who decide which players are the best. Cuellar is one of them. If you have a differing opinion that means you know nothing about football. Of course Cuellar has a superior he reports to Burgundy so if they say some one is better that’s the end of story.

14 Likes

I’m on my phone right now so I can’t really do a whoscored search but on the basis of no doubt much higher goals/min in both cases and just being better footballers, and more gifted. It’s not all that close tbh, maybe slightly so with Morata but the way he’s playing I think he’d be pretty close to a top striker for us.

@treble it’s not my fault I have eyes bruh.

@Burgundy we need confirmation on this. I’m very surprised you went above his head on this one Cuellar.

Probably the best bit of banter you’ve ever come out with. Proud for you.

:joy:

Hahaha rekt.

1 Like

Because no movement, no pace, not the greatest technic and we’re limited with him upfront because of that. Players like him, Arteta and Mertesacker are the personification of what we were between 11-13. Solid, but just not good enough in the end.

2 Likes

Kun Aguero is outrageously good.

1 Like

The misleading thing about those stats for Aguero and Giroud is that compared to some of those other players have only played in the PL in their prime. Fowler for instance had about 118 goals under his belt on his 22nd birthday in about 5 less games than Giroud’s managed his 84 Arsenal goals. For those first 4 years Fowler was on a goal every 0.62 games, Aguero is on a goal every 0.67 games in his City career.

4 Likes

Not to mention different eras. Goal scoring is up significantly from even when Torres was in his prime, and for these graphs to mean anything they’d need to be adjusted for league average scoring.

Hate these Sky Sports graphs tbh, all they do is mislead. The only thing you can really glean from that graph is the massive gap between Agüero and Giroud.

1 Like

Yep, Torres was a MONSTER in his prime. Whatever happened to El niño will forever be one of the biggest mysteries of world football , was one of my favourite players before even landing in the PL.

And I agree the chart only serves to highlight the gulf between Aguero and the likes of Giroud.

1 Like

In La Liga, yes, but in the Premier League too? Chelsea hit 100+ goals in 09/10, but that feels more like an anamoly than the rule.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Premier_League_Goal_Statistics_1992-93_to_2009-10.html

It looks like a little bit of a more erratic trend than I thought, but the trend is still there. If you look at the years Henry was in his prime, they are the trough in the graph, Giroud/Agüero from 12-13 are generally at the height.

Torres too, his prime with Liverpool is in the trough, so you can see why he suffers.

Torres indeed was a spectacle in his prime @Darkseid

Thank you, will take time to get use to this lol.

[quote=“Mercenary, post:159, topic:92, full:true”]
Thank you, will take time to get use to this lol.
[/quote]If ever you need any help with anything on here, feel free to post in the feedback thread, someone will be happy to help :+1:

You get used to the new surroundings after a while :slight_smile: