Olivier Giroud

Yeah. But Deschamps also still gives Sissoko an prominent role, so what does that really say :wink:.

The France thing needs to be looked at more. According to some Giroud doesn’t suit our style of play or ruins our counters, destroys our tempo etc yet he doesn’t look out of place in a technically proficient, fast and fluid french team full of talent, performing at a very high level.

Even then at Arsenal Giroud had a proven relationship with Ozil in 15/16 and with Ramsey in 13/14 both their best seasons at this club. The idea that he doesn’t suit our style of play or that he’s a detriment is a myth.

Even when he wasn’t in the line up our attacking football last season was still disjoined and ponderous at most times.

4 Likes

Wait whut? The football of France is not that convincing at all.

Deschamps plays a slighty better version of David Moyes football. We shouldn’t copy anything from that.

3 Likes

Tbf France does also play mostly against teams of inferior quality and with much less training and coordination. A team full of individual brilliance will much easier shine under those circumstances and will most likely create better chances.

4 Likes

Ah yes, right before he decided to just stop scoring goals for a couple of months.

4 Likes

The looks Ozil gives Giroud after the countless chances he misses is all you need to know about their relationship lol

3 Likes

Just like how Ozil decided to stop assisting too… You talk as if Giroud was the only offensive outlet that season.

Lacazette is a pretty decent back up option to Giroud for the national team, funny how it works.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Lexus7Sanchez/status/878696959191764992

That’s Mariano Diaz of R.Madrid, supposed to be a talented 9.

https://twitter.com/Lexus7Sanchez/status/878699071137079296

I hope Giroud does stay, he needs to reach 100 goals

1 Like

Including Giroud in the Lacazette deal would be :top: :top: :top:

Mariano is going on loan, or sold?

3 Likes

Clearly still devastated that he shat all over your boy Sanogo.

Sad.

2 Likes

Nah, just think that moving on a striker that’s not going to be happy with playing 2nd/3rd fiddle and who doesn’t have the ability to play in any other position like does Welbeck, and in that way getting him off our wage bill (despite having made the questionable decision of re-signing him just a few months ago), as well as getting some money for him in the way of a transfer fee, all while upgrading on him significantly, sounds like a great scenario. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

For me this is the key point. If he isn’t happy having another season like the last, then I’ll wish him well and bid him adieu.

However if he’s happy to have another season like the last one, wanting him to leave now is pretty much just evidence of a long standing vendetta against him. His contribution is clear as day and with our record of signing strikers I don’t fancy us to find someone better to mostly sit on the bench.

BTW the Sanogo thing was a cheap dig tbh and not meant as a serious point lol

4 Likes

5 years ago today we signed Giroud

scroll down right to the bottom of arsenal.com

http://www.arsenal.com/home

he looks way better with a beard

1 Like

5 years of meh.

Your favorite Giroud moment?

Mine is when he scored a bullet header against newcastle whilst he rekt’d janmaat in the process

1 Like

That he and Ospina conspired to knock us out of the CL.

7 Likes

His goal vs Tottenham in 2013, about two days before we signed Mesut Özil, is a personal highlight of his for me.

2 Likes

Theo assist right? If it’s what I’m thinking of i thoroughly enjoyed that.