Olivier Giroud

Rather than us paying Monaco for Mbappe, they should give us Mbappe plus cash for Giroud! Superstar.

3 Likes

Come on that’s unrealistic.

If Mbappe is worth 130m and Giroud is worth 90m then we should give them Giroud + 40m.

This isn’t football manager after all.

Joking aside Giroud would be a good acquisition for Monaco, he’s a better player now than when he won the golden boot over there.

130 mil+Giroud should be enough to get Mbappe, right? :giroud:

They’ve got Falcao as their number 9 who was very good last season.

We should keep Giroud as our number two striker to whoever we bring in.
He is the best goal scorer for France, so we need to keep him.
If we are going to sell any of our strikers, I would have thought Perez would have been the player to go, because Wenger obviously doesn’t rate him and Welbeck seems to be in Wenger’s plans.

2 Likes

Giroud is an amazing super-sub striker and we should keep him for that fact. He plays a similar role to Wiltord and Kanu and that’s still a valuable role for the team. He gets assists and goals and I’d be sorry to see him go.

He shouldn’t be our first choice striker though, unless we change our system to suit him like France did.

1 Like

It’s World Cup year, Giroud is 30 and he’s clearly not our first choice anymore. He’s made noise in the past about wanting to play more minutes. I can’t see him staying unless he’s guaranteed a more prominent role and intbink we all know now that would be a disaster.

meh his place in NT is safe regardless… don’t think that is huge consideration… he will get his minutes. Just hinges on how desperate he is to be a potential “main man” for a lesser club.

Giroud isn’t a supersub, he’s better much than that. He can offer so much more to the side if we use him properly.

Truth is for large parts of last season I was disappointed with him, it was so blatant he’d neglected some of target man duties because he was desperate to make notable impressions by scoring goals of the bench. He essentially turned into a poacher.

I’d rather Giroud rank highly in aerial duels, proficient in hold up and link up play than him having a high conversation rate tbh. Even if Laca comes I say give him game time as part of competitive rotation policy. Use him properly and he’ll get goals. All this talk of him heading to West Ham is a joke, welbeck to WH would make a lot more sense especially if we sign a mobile striker

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/875840888664150016

Wow. Wenger has truly moved on from his boy?! :open_mouth:

Swap him for LACAAAAAA if he’s leaving

But, but…he’s rwo goals away from the 100 mark, don’t do it now Arsene :santi:

I really wanted him to reach that before he went. We’re going to have three Giroud smilies and he’s potentially not going to be here next season :giroud3:

2 Likes

Could still get those goals in August and then go :wink:

2 Likes

1 Like

would actually be gutted if Giroud leaves

So swap him with Laca :giroud3:

Does that mean we are swapping the first choice striker for France with their second choice striker?

2 Likes

So Giroud is WC? :giroud3: