Olivier Giroud

We/I’ve slagged off people who came with the argument of if we’re going to sign a better player/manager if we drop Giroud/Wenger. But in this case I do think that has some merit. Giroud is known quantity and is good enough to win the Europa League with. For that goal alone I’d keep him for one season and he’ll get too sod off if he turns 32.

I’m not convinced of Lacazette. I’m just going of those compilation videos and it seems like he gets a lot of time and space in Ligue 1. Something he won’t get here. I don’t think we’ll sign anybody from the Lewandowski category either. Imo the best way to go is keep Giroud here for another season, since Welbeck is very injury prone, find a youngster and go from there for 17/18. If we continue to play 3-4-3, Sanchez probably isn’t going to play striker anyway.

HOLY SHIT GIROUD

He just scored a worldie

1 Like

Shame he cant be as prolific for Arsenal as he is for france and also as clinical!

13 Likes

Fucking hell that was better than his scorpion kick tbh.

8 Likes

Nice finish that. :gunnersaurus:

2 Likes

You just know if this was Arsenal and an important game that would have ended up at the corner flag!

3 Likes

Another goal for France people will use for justification for his role at Arsenal.

Terrific goal though.

2 Likes

Puta mierda! What a golazo! :cech:

1 Like

That ups his price to £60m.

1 Like

Can Mbappe do that?

1 Like

It would take him more than a season to grow a beard like that.

6 Likes

Surely he is the best striker in the league now ones and costa are gone?

Aguero. Always.

Giroud better than Kane, Lukakau and Aguero?

Pull the other one.

1 Like

Yep easily, his 5 seasons of scoring between 12-16 league goals is a model of consistency that can’t be matched.

6 Likes

Yeah Welbeck cant get close can he.

1 Like

Never seen a player give out so many mixed emotions before. He’s a scorer of great goals but not a prolific goalscorer.

6 Likes

No. The emotions aren’t mixed. He just isn’t good enough :wink:. If Henry is our standard that is.

That’s a pretty harsh standard. I’d love another Henry more than anything, but as all the records show, he’s a once in a lifetime player.

He’s a very good player and the hate for him is unwarranted.

He would thrive in a two-forward set up, or with some more quality coming in from the wings.

This is not a reactionary post, I’ve always defended Olivier, he is clinically underrated.

2 Likes