PL - Spurs v Arsenal: Giroud started
PL - Arsenal v Manchester United: Welbeck started
PL - Soton v Arsenal: Welbeck started
PL - Stoke v Arsenal: Giroud started
PL - Arsenal v Sunderland: Giroud started
PL - Arsenal v Everton: Welbeck started
FA - Arsenal v Chelsea: Welbeck started

1 Like

I dont get selling Giroud if we are planning on selling Lucas.

3 Likes

Giroud’s really got to make his mind up. A few days ago he said he was playing down exit talks lol

2 Likes

Giroud has bipolar

He really is a fine option for 2nd/3rd striker at this point and it doesn’t seem to be hurting his chances to play for country. Obviously he would like to start more, but he made a good impact this year. The real question comes down to “who do we buy?” plus “what does AW think about Welbeck vs. Giroud?”

If Giroud falls to 3rd option (which does seem to be the case), I can see him leaving.

He’s in a dodgy situation. On one hand Alexis may go and Wenger may buy a wide player to replace him and he’ll fancy his chances at being our number 1 vs Welbeck. On the other we might keep Alexis and / or buy a good forward, in which case he may as well jog on. Neither would surprise me but I’m guessing this one will be left late.

Maybe he knows someone is coming in and he will be further down the pecking order :henry2:

IMO Giroud would be best used off the bench and Welbeck starting games the new 9(:pray:) is unavailable/rested.

But theres the obvious issue of minutes for both of them, one has to leave and I’d always prefer to keep Welbeck because I feel we play better with him despite Giroud being the better goalscorer.

5 Likes

Giroud is 31 and Arsenal can’t offer him a key role anymore if he refuses to remain on the bench. I would love to keep him with this status, but if he wants much more, is better to sell him, keep Welbeck and find a world-class goalscorer.

2 Likes

he is 30

31 in September.

i’m having flashbacks :see_no_evil:

18 Likes

It’s amazing to think a first choice France striker could be our third choice striker.

He needs to learn he is just a very good back up for us, nothing more. Does he want more playing time? Ok, but i can’t see it in a top club. He would also have less chance to win a trophy.

I think Giroud’s been lucky to play for us at a time when striking options haven’t been readily available for most clubs. He’s won a few FA cups and scored a few wonderful goals. All in all he’ll be fondly remembered but if we want to push on for the league we really should be looking to part ways. If he wants to play week in week out he’s going to have to take a step down.

5 Likes

Fuck being held at ransom by the likes of Giroud :grin:

He’s a great option off the bench but easily replacable. I wont miss his constant moaning, dropping at the feet of defenders and lack of movement on the pitch at all.

He might not even be saying anything in fairness to him?

Nothing really wrong with what he’s saying if he wants to play football but the sooner we move on from players like Theo and Giroud feeling like the club owes them anything then the sooner we get back on track to more positive results imo.

4 Likes
1 Like

Just saying here but Giroud fitness puts him ahead of Welbeck imo and hes a better finisher.