Olivier Giroud

2 Likes

The Legendary Giroud finger wag celebration!

1 Like

2-0 Girouddd

1 Like

Giroud is made for international football tbh.

He’s been on fire for France that’s for sure think he’s got 15 goals in his last 16 starts.

2 Likes

I posed the question during the Euros how much Giroud would fetch if he were playing for Lyon and he put in a performance like he’s done internationally. He’d probably be revered as the French Lukaku, £50m at least.

1 Like

Hattrick scored vs Paraguay.

Better than Mbappe

2 Likes

Yeah, who needs him now? :hipster:

Why doesn’t he score like that more consistently for Arsenal :xhaka:

1 Like

Not surrounded by similar quality. Tbf all he has to do is basic hold up play and finish the chances that are bound to be plentiful with such a talented team

1 Like

I think having Ozil, Santi and Sanchez around him negates he idea that he hasn’t been surrounded by similar quality.

There are plenty of examples of players with average goalscoring records at club level (and Girouds is by no means average) who had excellent international records and also players with excellent club records who had poor international records.

1 Like

Haha 50mil, you crazy bastard :smile: I’d say Giroud’s worth 30mil max but given how fucked the market is recently (Perisic 45mil) you might of been right.

It’s actually good that we’re not signing Mbappe. It would just hamper Giroud’s development.

4 Likes

Phoebe to take over from Wenger in 2019

1 Like

This Premier League title talk should stop. Players and manager alike are only making a fool out of themselfs. Accept the reality.

2 Likes

Giroud has a difficult decision because if we do buy Mbappe or a world class striker, he might become the third choice behind them and Welbeck.

Wenger has preferred to start Welbeck ahead of him in the the last few games of this season, and we have won all of them and started to look good with him playing upfront.

I think Giroud is a better goal scorer, but Welbeck is more versatile and seems to work harder for the team

Perez is clearly not in Wenger’s plans so maybe Wenger might cash in on Giroud as well as Perez, to fund a big money move for a world class striker, and keep Welbeck as cover.
Giroud, at his age, might feel it’s better to move to a club that gives him regular first team football, and maybe CL games rather than rare appearances with us.

1 Like

Mbappe and Welbeck have a similar style. For me would be a mistake to sell Giroud and not Welbeck.

2 Likes

Is this true? I can’t really remember the last few games of the season, but I feel like it was like 50/50 between Giroud and Welbeck starting?