N'Golo Kante

I didn’t read it but yeah, journo’s are clever buggers. However, it was believable given that he has talked about player x and y in the past (notably Ibra and CR)… anyway, much ado about nothing it seems.

Hmmm well that quote does seem pretty clear he tried to sign him twice… whatever… who the f*ck cares - he is a fantastic player and would love to have him, but that ship sailed.

“I tried to sign Kante when he was in France and when he was at Leicester.”

Seems pretty clear cut to me mate.

2 Likes

If he says so he thinks we are gonna appreciate the fact he tried at least :xhaka:

Why the fuck are you all so rustled by a few words like that.

How many players have we only tried to sign?

Probably just as many as every other club. Its such a nothing story to be wound up by.

People are more than entitled to get annoyed at Wenger’s constant drivel. He seems to have almost signed every major player and it’s pretty embarrassing how he likes to gloat about to in the press too. Missing out on everyone of note isn’t anything to gloat about lol.

2 Likes

My understanding of it is that all he is doing is showing admiration.

Gloating never entered my mind. Why would anyone gloat about missing out? I feel like thats a stretch tbh.

Oliver
38m
Why the fuck are you all so rustled by a few words like that.

Seems like you are the only one that’s rustled or mad lol

2 Likes

Umm can you find a quote from Wenger where he said that, because there isn’t one in the article linked to. The article attempts to imply that and then provides zero quotes from Wenger substantiating that.

Seriously :joy:

He said it in his press conference :joy:

http://streamable.com/nv3az

I assure you i am not. :slight_smile:

1 Like

To be fair, every manager should be trying to sign decent players. You win some, you lose some. Not sure why it’s an issue.

2 Likes

Guessing you’re looking at the other one, but In the Sky article posted after by _OG it’s that quote exactly.

And interestingly…

Now this is me interpreting what’s been said but I tried to sign him from Leicester says to me summer 2016, and look where he has gone coupled with it being quite obvious says to me that he went to Chelsea for the money. However I seem to remember the fee reportedly being around the 28-30m mark and I think his wages were around 100k, so if he is saying what I’m guessing it seems a weird thing to say that kind of money is too much for a player that’s going to be a starter for you. Especially with Xhaka coming in somewhere around those numbers too?

1 Like

The video of Burgundy says enough really. And this from the official website:

[quote]on whether he looked to sign Kante…
Yes. When he in France, and when he at Leicester.[/quote]

Wages arent the be all and end all of a contract remember. There are all sorts of clauses, bonuses and fees that arent disclosed to the public.

That 100k is in reality a fuck load more when you consider signing fees etc

Yea, I think that’s a fair enough statement.

But…

I’ve no idea why anyone would give their energy to doing so at this stage. He talks bollocks and we all know it.

2 Likes